PDA

View Full Version : Betting a draw OOP

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 11:58 AM
First hand at table. Villain is LAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

My plan is to bet any blank river, check/call any 8 or 3, and bet the flush. How is this line? What do you change if villain is pretty passive? Check fold a blank, 8, and 3?

12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
If he is a REAL LAG it would be sexy to check the river should you hit your flush. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TStoneMBD
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
definitely dont checkcall an 8

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
definitely dont checkcall an 8

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because it completes plenty of gutshot/straightdraw hands that are better than mine, right?

Check calling the 3 ok? Firing the third shot UI on the river is standard?

Arnfinn Madsen
12-01-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Firing the third shot UI on the river is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have good reads on the player this is a good spot to gain value from it (the read). Some LAGs are loose because they want to see a showdown, some are loose since they want to chase a gutshot, set etc..

The Truth
12-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Betting the river here is actually horrible against alot of players. It depends on villain.

blake

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river here is actually horrible against alot of players. It depends on villain.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

Awful because they will call with their unimproved straight or flushdraw? Or awful because it is extremely unlikely that they have a straight or flush draw since the didn't raise the flop?

colgin
12-01-2005, 06:19 PM
If villain is a LAG, do you want to semi-bluff the flop OOP in a relatively small pot?

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If villain is a LAG, do you want to semi-bluff the flop OOP in a relatively small pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I am betting this flop no matter who the opponent. We have strong equity, and there is a good chance we can win this immediately on the flop.

colgin
12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I am betting this flop no matter who the opponent. We have strong equity, and there is a good chance we can win this immediately on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only your description of villain as a LAG that made me question this because against most opponents I would certainly bet here.

Since I don't have Poker Stove at work I don't know your equity against villain's likely range of hands so mabe it is higher than I give it credit for.

However, against a LAG I greatly reduce the chance of picking up pots in general (although this is a small one so that chance goes up a bit) and increase the chance of getting raised (although the fact that LAG didn't raise PF means his hnad must be at th ebottom of his range). The reduced fold equity against this type of opponents and the increased risk of putting in more bets when your equity is less than fair share (which I have assumed but could be wrong; I will check later) makes this bet les attractive to me. I am not sure what the answer is but wanted to raise the issues that I saw.

Spicymoose
12-01-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only your description of villain as a LAG that made me question this because against most opponents I would certainly bet here.

Since I don't have Poker Stove at work I don't know your equity against villain's likely range of hands so mabe it is higher than I give it credit for.

However, against a LAG I greatly reduce the chance of picking up pots in general (although this is a small one so that chance goes up a bit) and increase the chance of getting raised (although the fact that LAG didn't raise PF means his hnad must be at th ebottom of his range). The reduced fold equity against this type of opponents and the increased risk of putting in more bets when your equity is less than fair share (which I have assumed but could be wrong; I will check later) makes this bet les attractive to me. I am not sure what the answer is but wanted to raise the issues that I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even LAGs miss the flop and have to fold a bunch.