PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of beeping sounds on party

JimmyJazz1
12-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Is there any way to get rid of the beeping sounds on party poker? I tried deleting the sound files from the party poker folder, but the sounds persist. Any ideas?

Link774
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Can't you shut off the sound in the settings? That's so obvious that you probably would've tried it already, but I thought I'd ask. You might be able to replace all the files with empty soundclips with the same file name. I changed my 'it's your turn' ding into the paradise poker ding and party didn't seem to mind. You'll probably have to restart your client before the changes take effect. Did it recreate the .wavs after you deleted them?

JimmyJazz1
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
You can shut off sound settings, but the beeping noise does not shut off. It did not recreate the .wavs after I deleted them, so I have no idea where its getting the sounds if I already deleted them. I guess I will try replacing the sound clips with empty sound clips with the same name. Any other ideas? Thanks for the help.

Link774
12-01-2005, 02:21 PM
The beep might be hardcoded somewhere in the actual program. That would be quite difficult to stop.

JimmyJazz1
12-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Alright, thanks anyways. It's just such an annoying sound, figured there might be some way to stop it.

destro
12-01-2005, 06:01 PM
call/check, raise, or fold /images/graemlins/grin.gif