PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars fans

05-16-2002, 12:04 PM
I have not yet seen the movie, but a friend of mine was at one of the midnight showings. His thoughts:

"I don't think I have ever been more embarrased of the human race than I was last night with all of these people dressing up. The theatre people even had to tell everyone before the show started NOT to use their lightsabers during the movie (I am not kidding) or they would be kicked out. You think there would be at least one hottie wearing the Princess Leia bikini, but the people who were dressing up (all guys of course) looked 40, a little too much into dungeons and dragons, and still living at home with Mom and Dad."

"I got there and right in front of the theatre were a couple of Jedi with their apprentices (they had the apprentice hair and everything), and Darth Vader standing next to them. Darth made his way into each theater (4 were playing at midnight) to psyche up the crowd, but when he came into our theatre, the crowd was yelling things at him like "get a real life", and "get a girlfriend", it was pretty funny."

05-16-2002, 12:25 PM
I would never ridicule someone for being enthusiastic about something. I'd rather a million star wars obsessed fans dressing up as Darth Vader than one slacker whiny Gen-X who thinks everything is stupid.

05-16-2002, 01:16 PM
I was dressed up at one of these at midnight last night. We got on TV, got tickets into the midnight showing - had a ton o'fun.

Only problem was, I was a Death Star Gunner...big ugly helmet so no kids wanted to talk to me /images/smile.gif They all liked the white stormtrooper guys...bastards. LOL

In a day and age where a lot of real fat guys will go rub team paint on themselves and go watch a game that no they know is playing in (football) -- why the hell would anyone have a problem with Star Wars fans is beyond me.

Having said that, the movie was REAL cool.

RB

05-16-2002, 06:36 PM
and im even a genXer.