PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation: The Book of Bluffs

12-01-2005, 11:11 AM
So I'm trying to overcome a tendency to slip into weak-tight play when I don't run the way I would like to. A few weeks back I had some coaching and at the same time picked up "The Book of Bluffs" by Matt Lessinger.

The coaching I got (from another 2+2er) was highly critical of my ability to win unimproved. I have found great consistency in the coaching lessons and the attitude and lines found in Lessinger's book.

There is a particular emphasis in the book on understanding your opponents calling patterns, betting patterns and playing styles. I have found the material very complimentary to my attempts at hand reading.

Anyone struggling with their postflop play should add this book to their library...

12-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Wrong forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=books).

Bob T.
12-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't. He wasn't trying to discuss the book, he was just making a recommendation to his friends in the SS forum.

12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm glad he tossed it in this forum, or I probably wouldn't have seen it. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna check it out.

12-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I read this book last week, and id highly recommend it.

I never really thought about the different types of bluffs, and reasons bluffs do and dont work. This book does a pretty good job at explaining those things. A good sized portion of the example bluffs are limit holdem.

Jbrochu
12-12-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A good sized portion of the example bluffs are limit holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many of the limit holdem example bluffs are applicable to NLHE as well. In fact, I believe a few of the "basic bluffs" portrayed as limit bluffs have a greater chance of success in NLHE.