PDA

View Full Version : I can admit that I liked The Notebook

Bulldog
12-01-2005, 10:14 AM
My girlfriend made me watch it last night, and it was pretty good. There weren't enough car chases or gunfights, but the sight of Rachel McAdams can carry a man through many slow parts of the movie. Plus, any movie with Bret Maverick in it can't be all bad!

OtisTheMarsupial
12-01-2005, 12:02 PM
No, it's not a good movie. It sucks ass.

12-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Come back and repost after she's made you watch it for the 864th time.

mosuavea
12-01-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come back and repost after she's made you watch it for the 864th time.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

The Dude
12-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I love this movie, and it's not just because I'm in love with Rachel McAdams (although that helps). The story is wonderful, and I cry every time I watch the movie.

I did, however, cry more when I read the book. Nicholas Sparks writes some wonderful stories.

Sooga
12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
My God, you guys are on crack. There are contrived, tear-jerking pieces of garbage, and 'The Notebook' goes way beyond that. I haven't read the book, so perhaps the story is more beautiful on the printed page, but as a movie, this movie was horrible. If you want to see a smart love movie go watch Before Sunrise and then watch Before Sunset.

12-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm afraid to watch it because I know if I cry during it I'll no longer be a man.

OtisTheMarsupial
12-01-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to see a smart love movie go watch Before Sunrise and then watch Before Sunset.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, Before Sunrise is a good movie, but the sequel just didn't do it for me.

The problem with the Notebook were these:
- too predictable
- horrible music
- not much of a plot
- terrible acting

Better love movies:
When Harry Met Sally, Say Anything, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Amelie, Secretary, Moulin Rouge, West Side Story, Sleepless In Seattle...

Koss
12-01-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid to watch it because I know if I cry during it I'll no longer be a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tears of boredom don't count. The movie is long. Real long. And I think like, 1 or 2 things happen the whole time. Godawful.

PoBoy321
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I've watched it with my gf a couple of times and I'll admit that the first time, I got a little teary in some parts. Since then, however, I've come to take it for what it is, which is just a contrived story which tries to pull at your heart strings at every point it can.

Bulldog
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the Notebook were these:
- too predictable

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the Sports Guy said today:

[ QUOTE ]
3. I like shows where I can predict everything that's about to happen before it happens. Literally, everything. It makes me feel smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cancuk
12-02-2005, 02:26 PM
A friend and I have a ongoing "crappiest present" tradition. For eachothers birthday, we give eachother a really crappy DVD or a DVD that has a lot of comedic value to it.

His last birthday i got him "The Notebook", but not just any version of the notebook, it was a bootlegged version of the notebook that I bought off the street in Little Italy for 5 dollars. He has yet to open it. His birthday was nearly a year ago.

Sorry for the hijack..

The notebook was terrible.

Terrible.

istewart
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Beyond gay.

TimM
12-02-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has yet to open it. His birthday was nearly a year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

That gives me an idea. What could be crappier than getting him the same gift two years in a row?