PDA

View Full Version : 55 peel?

2planka
12-01-2005, 10:03 AM
This is from a 10/20 game but my winky isn't big enough to post in the other forum. I like you guys better anyhow. Again, apologies for not having the HH on this machine.

CO is steaming away chips. Since I sat down roughly 100 hands ago, I've seen his stack go from ~750 all the way down to 100. He's in maniac/bully/monkeytilt mode.

HJ is the best player at the table, way better than me. He plays 25/15 ish (just 300 hands though) but has slowed down since CO has been erupting.

edit: I'm on the button.

Hero has 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Preflop:
UTG folds, HJ limps, CO raises, I call, blinds fold, HJ calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG bets, CO calls, Hero peels

I wanted to 3 bet pf but I was escared of HJ. I also wanted to raise the flop but chickened out. Could I have wussed out any more here?

car ramrod
12-01-2005, 10:11 AM
if HJ is good pf, what do you think he is open limping in with. I think I 3bet pf to isolate the maniac.

brazilio
12-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I 3-bet preflop ridiculuously easily. Once the CO calls, I think raising the flop gives HJ's 3-bet much more credence so you can safely fold the turn if you don't improve.

2planka
12-01-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if HJ is good pf, what do you think he is opened limping in with. I think I 3bet pf to isolate the maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has any playable hand. He's been limping a lot and letting the maniac bet for him. I have no excuse for coldcalling pf. I did have an idea for the turn.

Peter Harris
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
easy 3bet PF, isolate the maniac, HJ must be a donkey if they openlimp.

I raise the flop here.

your post says UTG not HJ led the flop, may want to re-edit.

2planka
12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
Woops. Yes, HJ led the flop. Yet another rookie mistake.

2planka
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
I posted this hand because I played it poorly, and got myself in a tricky spot because of my bad play. I knew I should have 3-bet pf, raised the flop, and folded the turn to a bet from HJ UI. Space aliens must have siezed control of my hand and forced me to click the call button.

So, recognizing my dumb play to this point, I decided that I could recoup if I improve on the turn or if no scare cards hit the turn.

The turn:[ J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises....

Thoughts? Should I take up cribbage?

Peter Harris
12-01-2005, 11:24 AM
nice card for 55, if you are behind to a J, you have a lot of outs, as i reckon 2's and 7's aren't *really* likely to be out (unless CO really is tilting).

I like the turn raise. If 3-bet by HJ, call and c/f any non-2,7,5 river. If 3-bet by CO (call/3bet??) then reassess, although i'd ascribe it to tilt perhaps.

car ramrod
12-01-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nice card for 55, if you are behind to a J, you have a lot of outs, as i reckon 2's and 7's aren't *really* likely to be out (unless CO really is tilting).

I like the turn raise. If 3-bet by HJ, call and c/f any non-2,7,5 river. If 3-bet by CO (call/3bet??) then reassess, although i'd ascribe it to tilt perhaps.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Peter Harris
12-01-2005, 11:45 AM
damn, I'm running goot on the forums today :P

car ramrod
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
damn, I'm running goot on the forums today :P

[/ QUOTE ]

now just carry that over to the tables tonight.

Peter Harris
12-01-2005, 11:50 AM
i wasn't planning on playing tonight....but now...hmm.

TomBrooks
12-01-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HJ has any playable hand. He's been limping a lot and letting the maniac bet for him. I have no excuse for coldcalling pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Kilgore,

PREFLOP, I thought cold calling two players w/ 55 was an OK way to go. Since HJ is limping with hands that he would normally openraise with, what are the chances of him folding to a three bet?

TomBrooks
12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn:[ J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ] 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises....

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think HJ has opened limped with preflop and bet the flop and turn with?

I'm not understanding the purpose of this raise, unless you are likely to be in the lead or thinking you can fold an 88, 99 or TT. 2nd pair 77 with a gutshot added probably wouldn't fold.

2planka
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Some good questions from you guys. After the turn action, I'm guessing HJ had a big A but not AJ.

HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises, HJ FOLDS, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
CO bets, Hero?

edit: CO is down to just under 2BB's left.

Peter Harris
12-01-2005, 01:30 PM
I like a raise here, did the tilty CO call with A7? A2? 22? 77? K7?

I really think the permutations of what you beat outweigh the likelihood of a straight.

MrWookie47
12-01-2005, 01:31 PM
I think you just call this. No way I'm I folding a set here in this giant pot.

KDawgCometh
12-01-2005, 02:44 PM
yeah, three betting PF would've made this hand play completely different(to trot out a well worn phrase on this forum). I don't understand the HJ's open donk, is a bit scary if you ask me. Its obvious that the CO is trying to iso the HJ.

What is your plan for the turn, cause there is like no good card that you can get(though of course we want to see a set, but that will make a straight)

honestly, I'd probably fold the flop. Given how the action has been and everything else to consider, I really don't see a reason to continue

KDawgCometh
12-01-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd just call here. the board is dangerous, and while he may be racking off, I just want a showdown with my set. I am assuming that your turn raise was for an intended free showdown, right?

TomBrooks
12-01-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: [ J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
CO bets, Hero?
CO is down to just under 2BB's left.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt if HJ just happens to have a straight, and since CO is steaming off chips he probably doesn't have one either, so I'd raise with the set you just made. Calling may be good too though, because if HJ has top pair he will probably call; but if you raise, he will almost surely fold anything you beat.

2planka
12-01-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming that your turn raise was for an intended free showdown, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but HJ's unexpected fold may have changed that.