PDA

View Full Version : 72 Dollars

josie_wales
12-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey,

Long story short...Signed up for a 3-table $20 Eurobet tourney.

Details at website say 4th place gets $72, and I took 4th.

They wont pay me as they said only the top 3 get paid and there was an error on the website.

Thoughts?

applejuicekid
12-01-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurobet sucks

SNOWBALL138
12-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Withdraw your money from their website, tell them you are moving to party poker, and you hope that they and all the other skins go bust by new years.

Its pretty standard fare for a company to honor what they put into print. I'm pretty surprised about this.

FlFishOn
12-01-2005, 08:53 AM
Tell them your plan: trash talking them everywhere you can post. Promise them $1000 worth of bad press. E-mail tath threat every day.

Might be worth $30/hr. Might bust out. But I always make an effort to f over any outfit that clearly screws me. Inrternet-based businesses are very vulernable.

mackthefork
12-01-2005, 08:56 AM
E&OE, sorry man, maybe they will throw you a bone if you push them.

Mack

josie_wales
12-01-2005, 10:41 AM
I was pretty surprised by this as well.

They have now twice said that they will not pay. They refunded me the $22 buyin.

To me, this is unacceptable. I played according to the fact that I was in the money. The website STILL (as of earlier today at least) says 4th = $72.

Aww well, it is only $72, but still. $72 is $72.

jw

Keith Fellmy
12-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I always take a screen shot when I finish well. That way you can see where I finished and what I should be paid. So far I have had no problems...but I don't play Eurobet. I found out a long time ago that they sucked (while still being a part of party poker). Now that they are no longer a skin with party I am sure that they suck terrible now.

If this were to happen to me I would post the screen shot, and every email I get from them, on every forum that I know about (currently I am registered on around 70 forums).

SNOWBALL138
12-01-2005, 11:02 AM
You post on 70 forums? What else is good besides 2+2? Besides this one, I only have one other account, and thats at full contact poker. I haven't used it in a really long time because I thought the poker discussion there was poor.

KingMedicine
12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty surprised by this as well.

They have now twice said that they will not pay. They refunded me the $22 buyin.

To me, this is unacceptable. I played according to the fact that I was in the money. The website STILL (as of earlier today at least) says 4th = $72.

Aww well, it is only $72, but still. $72 is $72.

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

take a screenshot and post it. people will be more interested in your cause then.

Wes ManTooth
12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the poker discussion there was poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

poor is an understatement

Keith Fellmy
12-01-2005, 01:38 PM
lots of forum freerolls and private tourneys. Decent money to be had. Make some friends. Have a good time.

I am not going to give you any forum names...do your own homework.

Sciolist
12-01-2005, 03:55 PM
When someone says 70 forums, it's like them saying "Yeh, me and my FIVE MILLION FRIENDS will have something to say about that!"

BigF
12-01-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Withdraw your money from their website, tell them you are moving to party poker, and you hope that they and all the other skins go bust by new years.

[/ QUOTE ]

News flash: Eurobet is now a PokerRoom skin. They can fvck with their entire player base left and right(they have) and still won't go anywhere by New Years.

josie_wales
12-02-2005, 04:26 PM
UPDATE:

After MANY emails to regular customer service, I finally got them to give me the poker managers email addy.

He first said no to giving me the $72.

But I then told (threatened?) him that I would post exactly what happened in multiple forums that reach thousands of poker players.

And that if even 5% decided no to play there as a result, the loss in rake would be much > $72.

His next response was to credit me the $72.

jw

RikaKazak
12-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey man,
If you take a screen shot, and I see it, pm me, and let me look at it. I'm an affiliate and did 26K MGR last month alone on one site. So if I take it up with them they usually treat me different than other people (yes I know that's not right, but it's the way it is). I don't think it's right what they did to you and would be willing to step up to bat for you if you provide a screenshot.

beavens
12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey man,
If you take a screen shot, and I see it, pm me, and let me look at it. I'm an affiliate and did 26K MGR last month alone on one site. So if I take it up with them they usually treat me different than other people (yes I know that's not right, but it's the way it is). I don't think it's right what they did to you and would be willing to step up to bat for you if you provide a screenshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to discount your being nice and helpful, but in the post above yours he said he's getting credited with the loot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

smartalecc5
12-02-2005, 05:14 PM
i think its take care of, no?

Artsemis
12-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. Way to keep pushing.