PDA

View Full Version : New Poker Newspaper "Poker Player" relaunched in June

Dynasty
07-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Gambling Times relaunched it's poker newspaper Poker Player in mid-June. Since I haven't noticed any posts about it, I thought I'd give some info.

Poker Player is actually returning after a 15 year hiatus. It was started in 1982 and ran for 6 years until the fall of 1988. Mike Caro and David Sklansky once wrote for the newspaper.

The newspaper will begin being published bi-weekly on 7/14 and hopes to be weekly before the end of the year. You should be able to get the newspaper free at you cardroom. If they aren't carrying it, I suggest you ask management to get it like they get Card Player.

Stanley Sludikoff is the Editor/Publisher. Contributing collumnists include Phil Hellmuth, "Oklahoma Johnny" Hale, Lou Krieger, Nic Szeremeta, Mike Sexton, I. Nelson Rose, and Nolan Dalla.

nicky g
07-08-2003, 06:21 AM
D'you know of any plans for an online version?

mrbaseball
07-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Is there a websight or subscription information? Some of don't have cardrooms around us and have to rely on the internet or actually fork over the $50+ a year to subscribe to Cardplayer.

Dynasty
07-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Try www.gamblingtimes.com (http://www.gamblingtimes.com)

Abe
07-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the info, Dynasty.

Just saw it for the first time last weekend. Gold Strike card room in Tunica had copies. Interesting "newspaper-ish" format.

Sundown
07-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Will CardPlayer buy this new magazine after a short time, or there now (since internet cardrooms) enough advertizing to go around?

Philuva
07-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Seems like a lot of the same writers.

Howard Burroughs
07-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Card Player has Sklansky, Malmuth, Schoonmaker, Cooke, Ciaffone, Negreanu & Tanenbaum (to name a few of my favorites).

The new revamped version of Poker Player has a ways to go to get to that level of poker wisdom, IMHO.

Best of Luck

Howard

ACBob
07-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Dynasty,

I saw one edition, perhaps the initial one. It looks OK. Need to see how they follow up and thier content.

Bob Lewis