PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 TT

jason_t
12-01-2005, 06:15 AM
This villain is not known to me.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: I am MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">I raise</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, CO calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">I 3-bet</font>

lil feller
12-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Whats your plan if he caps? River?

lf

12-01-2005, 06:39 AM
If villain plays like me its a good play. I have 22,66-99 here every time so you have an edge.

I have quads if I cap. But thats a tough read so I like a call down should villain cap.

bakku
12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If villain plays like me its a good play. I have 22,66-99 here every time so you have an edge.

I have quads if I cap. But thats a tough read so I like a call down should villain cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're going to call down a cap you shouldn't be 3-betting this turn.

Dazarath
12-01-2005, 06:48 AM
Why not just call and bet/call the river? Won't you be folding out worse hands and getting capped by a full house or maybe quads?

private joker
12-01-2005, 06:48 AM
I like it if you're folding to a cap. The 3-bet is a good way to get overcards with 6 outs to fold, and I don't want overcards seeing this river. Especially because a lot of A's play this way.

private joker
12-01-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Won't you be folding out worse hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the point. We want worse hands with up to 6 outs against us to fold.

bakku
12-01-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just call and bet/call the river? Won't you be folding out worse hands and getting capped by a full house or maybe quads?

[/ QUOTE ]

getting hands like AK/AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/QJ to fold = good

CardSharpCook
12-01-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Donks will cap this too. Also, some ace highs will have trouble folding here. Also, charge the flush draw. I like that hand, and I am calling down if capped.

bakku
12-01-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Donks will cap this too. Also, some ace highs will have trouble folding here. Also, charge the flush draw. I like that hand, and I am calling down if capped.

[/ QUOTE ]

are we looking at the same hand?

12-01-2005, 08:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if he is unknown we cant know if he is a donk yet so getting 6:1 to call down is fair imo. It doesnt look that great to 3-bet and fold either. I am not for image but that play is going to stick out and make it hard to play afterwards.

goofball
12-01-2005, 08:29 AM
I like calling and then betcalling the river. Any more action than that is spewy, any less is not enough.

12-01-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like calling and then betcalling the river. Any more action than that is spewy, any less is not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]
You dont get the chance to fold overcards though.

goofball
12-01-2005, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You dont get the chance to fold overcards though.

[/ QUOTE ]

a)what makes you think he has overcards
b)what makes you think he will consider folding them for even a second after playing them this way?

bakku
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if he is unknown we cant know if he is a donk yet so getting 6:1 to call down is fair imo. It doesnt look that great to 3-bet and fold either. I am not for image but that play is going to stick out and make it hard to play afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point is that if you're not comfortable folding to a 4-bet against an unknown, don't 3-bet

BigEndian
12-01-2005, 09:21 AM
I like this if you can fold to a cap or a river raise. If you can't make these folds, then just call it down.

- Jim

DMBFan23
12-01-2005, 11:15 AM
how are the 10/20 full ring games?

brettbrettr
12-01-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how are the 10/20 full ring games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good if you're not running horribly bad and compunding it with you-know-better-than-that-you-[censored] type plays.

newhizzle
12-01-2005, 02:16 PM
against an unknown, id probly just call, theres some crazy assholes out there who cold/call with a 6 in their hand and getting capped sucks, plus if hes floating you, he probly wont call but would probably call a river bet with an ace, i guess if you are folding to a cap its ok, but id rather do it with a read

blumpkin22
12-01-2005, 02:29 PM
I was sweating Jason this hand and I loved this play. I didn't ask him, but I don't think he was folding to a cap. Against certain players 3-betting here is spewing, but against an unknown 10/20 online player I think it is +EV even when calling down a cap.

Jeffage
12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
I would probably checkraise this turn. He coldcalled preflop so he prob has some kinda subpar pocket pair or overcards. You bet the flop and he calls with whatever. If you check, he will be induced to bet anything b/c hge figures the board didn't hit you and you wouldn't check your overpair. So he'll bet. And now you raise. Let him decide if he wants to pay another bet to see if his AJ can get there. Or KQ. Or whatever. Plus, he'll call with a hand like 88 so you make more money (obv I know he raised the turn here but I'm talking from a non-results oriented perspective).

Jeff

Derek123
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably checkraise this turn. He coldcalled preflop so he prob has some kinda subpar pocket pair or overcards. You bet the flop and he calls with whatever. If you check, he will be induced to bet anything b/c hge figures the board didn't hit you and you wouldn't check your overpair. So he'll bet. And now you raise. Let him decide if he wants to pay another bet to see if his AJ can get there. Or KQ. Or whatever. Plus, he'll call with a hand like 88 so you make more money (obv I know he raised the turn here but I'm talking from a non-results oriented perspective).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your reasoning here, but I think too many 10/20 players will be checking the turn through here, which really sucks when he has overcards.

jason_t
12-01-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that he expects me to call down with A high in this spot and would not bet the turn with UI overcards.

Entity
12-01-2005, 07:32 PM
I tend to just call down in these situations but that's more short than full. I'm still undecided on the turn 3-bet.

ErrantNight
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
punish the turn semi-bluff by an ace kicker.