PDA

View Full Version : Jason hates this title (10/20)

Entity
12-01-2005, 05:32 AM
10/20 at either PokerStars or Party, I forget which. 10-handed. BB is unknown.

Folded to me in MP1, I raise A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Only the BB calls.

The flop is A/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is the 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks, I bet, he calls.

The river is the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, and I...

lil feller
12-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Tough spot, but certainly doesn't seem all that unlikely that he would c/c, c/c, bet with a weak ace, not wanting to fold you out earlier. Might also have made Queens up. I like the raise, and call the 3 bet. If he has JT, good for him, he'll call with several worse hand and 3 bet with enough to make calling correct. If nothing else against an unknown, especially if its Pokerstars, I want to see what he plays this way.

I play the Q clubs the same way. Most people would put more action in on the flop with a flush draw, even heads up, so I wouldn't give it that much thought.

lf

CardSharpCook
12-01-2005, 07:35 AM
wow, I am the only one who didn't raise this river. Maybe I am being results oriented. So very obvious what he has. Either he has a blown flush or JT. Obviously we know it is JT when he 3bets, but I still call because I like to do that to myself.

Piiop
12-01-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, I am the only one who didn't raise this river. Maybe I am being results oriented. So very obvious what he has. Either he has a blown flush or JT

[/ QUOTE ]

Your range here is too small. On top of JT and a missed flush draw, he could also have any combo of worse two pair hands, a weirdly played Ace unpaired kicker, QT, QJ, or a weirdly played set.

mrkilla
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your range here is too small. On top of JT and a missed flush draw, he could also have any combo of worse two pair hands, a weirdly played Ace unpaired kicker, QT, QJ, or a weirdly played set.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said, told fold here for one more seems like a mistake

Jeffage
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Call the reraise and look at J10...he'll have a worse two pair once in awhile.

Jeff

12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
I think this is a great survey and a means to force grunches and have people check if they are on task with their poker skills
thanks

bakku
12-02-2005, 01:32 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ReptileHouse
12-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Call the three bet. I expect to be shown queens up often enough.