PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded or full ring poll

Stork
07-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Personally, I prefer shorthanded play to a full game, just wonderin' what others preferred /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Gall
07-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Maybe a bad idea to post the vote in the "short handed, heads up" section.
¨
People who like shorthanded and HU are more likley to read this post than other, who maybe dont even look at it?

Lunamondo
07-08-2003, 02:11 PM
I think full ring games are better below the high limit games.

Shorthanded is likely better if the quality of opponents remain the same and that is below one's level. One shorthanded table might cover as much as two ring tables.

If the games are tight and the real money at ring games is made in shorthanded situations, and the shorthanded rake is lower, like it would be at the level of $5-$10, it seems better, but the real money might not be made there, and the rake hits in after a preraise immediately (after the flop), that is not the case at $3-$6, while it would be the same at the level of $20-$40 (but it caps sooner), and inviting at the level of $2-$4 (if offered) that needs to go long way before the rake hits in, that though will hit often at shorthanded and heads up games. There are low rake heads up games that are better than shorthanded games in case one finds a worse opponent (if it's a tournament, too bad, as one has to play it through, and can only hope the worse opponent will play again).

rr2000
07-28-2003, 07:36 AM
you are rite. The poll doesn't make sense without specifying the limit.

Copernicus
07-28-2003, 02:56 PM
Either is fine if accompanied by 150 watts turned to 10:

"Now the smiling portrait of you
Is still hangin' on my frowning wall
It really doesn't, really doesn't bother me too much at all
It's just the ever falling dust
That makes it so hard for me to see
That forgotten earring layin' on the floor
Facing coldly towards the door

I continue
To burn the midnight lamp