PDA

View Full Version : O how I misplayed you, let me count the ways

ajmargarine
12-01-2005, 04:25 AM
Reads: villian is a nutjob. He's limping into about 80% of the pots. He's minbetting most everything...With the nuts and with nothing And sometimes after a minbet, he's been exploding with huge 3-bets. He's bet normal a few times. I've seen him pull this minraising the PFR a few times. The times he showed down he had A7 and A8.

$1/$3 NLHE 7-handed (blinds are 1/3, $6 min bet on turn)

Hero ($220)
Villian ($650) (bought in for $600)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
2 folds, Hero raises to $10, 1 fold, Villian minraises to $20, 2 folds, Hero calls?!? $10.

Flop: ($42) J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $10, Hero raises to $40, Villian raises to $81, Hero calls $41.

Turn: ($203) T /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue"> (2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $120 putting Hero all-in, Hero calls...

Donktastic? Comments welcome on all streets because not one of them is right, IMO. Stakes a bit bigger for me, and so I played like a fish.

2PAUL2
12-01-2005, 04:30 AM
i would reraise pf if his min reraise is largely indicative of Ax. its gonna be hard to get a flop where you can trap him with that sort of hand. as played though i prolly just shove the flop cos hes not folding a J for 120 odd more and your gonna throw up if an A hits the turn.

paul

4_2_it
12-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I like the pre-flop call, it disguises your hand. Push the flop after his 3-bet. You aren't going to be able to put him on a hand and I hate being tricky with AA or KK, but I can't see a fold here against an idiot even if he will occasionally flop a set. I would be interested to hear how you can better trap this guy.

djoyce003
12-01-2005, 09:58 AM
push the flop after the threebet.

c_strong
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the pre-flop call, it disguises your hand. Push the flop after his 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.