PDA

View Full Version : Are PS 50NL 6-max insane? (lc)

12-01-2005, 03:08 AM
I recently started playing 50NL 6-max at PS and at literally every single table I have sat at (around 25 now) I have been the tightest person there. I come from starting at ring-games, so I'll admit I am a bit tight in 6-max (23/10 over 2700 hands), but my tables are guaranteed to have at least one person with stats of greater than 40/15, which while I realize for people like AJ are normal, I am using those numbers as the very low end. One table I had a 72/25, a 52/6 and a 41/1. Everyone is married to PP and TP and I have been check/raised/push w/TPBK more than once, even after they've been caught before or are obvious maniacs.

This sounds fantastic, except my variance has been crazy. One of those pushes caught my TPTK on a backdoor straight and another called 7xBB PFR w/K3o to crack AA on K32 board, while I have also made 140BB on an underpair. To point of all of this is, are these people insane? Never in my 25NL experience have I seen plays like this, this consistently. I would see one or two maniacs a session but now I see 2-3 a table. What is it about these people that changes so radically from 25NL to 50NL?