PDA

View Full Version : possible crimson challenge? Jar of Jalepenos

Jeebus
12-01-2005, 02:12 AM
While making some nachos about two minutes ago I thought what might be a crimson challenge. What about eating a full jar of jalapenos plus drinking the juice inside. I think i could do it, probably get sick at some point later but could hold it for a good 20 minutes or so I assume. If I couldn't do it I would definatly pay someone else to try. This worthy?

craig r
12-01-2005, 02:13 AM
And that would be as fun coming up as going out. You would need a fire extinguisher for your asse.

craig

jba
12-01-2005, 02:13 AM
jalapenos usually aren't very hot

shant
12-01-2005, 02:18 AM
I think raw, fresh jalapenos would be more of a challenge than the pickled ones in the jar.

DMBFan23
last night at a restaurant i ate a slice of a fresh jalapeno that was rich with seeds, and I felt like I wanted to die. I ate it very fast, as if challenged to. Also the rest of my food didnt taste good, for like the next hour. I am so familiar with the amount of pain and suffering involved that I would help sponsor this challenge.

Hey platinum members lets get this [censored] rolling.

Jeebus
you think. I say now I will do up to about 20 fresh ones, i don't think more would fit in my stomach. I've definatly [censored] out worse though.

imported_anacardo
12-01-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think raw, fresh jalapenos would be more of a challenge than the pickled ones in the jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. I think a pickled jar would be a walk for any self-respecting young blood from southwest of St. Louis.

dblgutshot
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
This is not a very original idea. Not new thread worthy.

shant
12-01-2005, 02:22 AM
I think I could do a lot too. There was a phase in college where I ate a whole fresh jalapeno at least once a day with one of my meals. I'm not sure what I was doing but I did damage my insides pretty good and stopped eating them.

imported_anacardo
12-01-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a very original idea. Not new thread worthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOMEBODY CALL THE THREAD POLICE WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW W
WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW WW

Jeebus
12-01-2005, 02:36 AM
true but I would have had to bring back the original thread, this seemed easier.

I disagree, I think a jar of pickled is worse than fresh. Fresh jalapenos seem to me to go down easier, maybe its just me, Pickled have that additional taste with them.

tonypaladino
12-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Jeebus,

" i don't think more would fit in my stomach"

If Emmitt can down 24 eggs, I don't think you'll have a problem.

dblgutshot
12-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Like so many things in college...
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what I was doing

[/ QUOTE ]

vexvelour
12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
last night at a restaurant i ate a slice of a fresh jalapeno that was rich with seeds, and I felt like I wanted to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the heat isn't in the seeds, it's in the whiteish membrane on the inside of the pepper.

Anyway, I'd do this in a heartbeat if it was pepperonchini.

xadrez
12-01-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call. I think a pickled jar would be a walk for any self-respecting young blood from southwest of St. Louis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a yankee from up north, and Ive eaten entire jars of pickeled jalapenos on several occasions. Its not hard at all.

Fresh jalapenos vary, but you will find they range from extremely to barely spicy.

Anyway NFW eating a Jar of pickled Jalapenos should be a crimson challenge.

12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
I'd rather challenge someone to drink hot sauce.. and not some wimpy crap like in that crimson video something with atleast a 1 million+ scoville unit rating.

To give you an idea sauce that hot would make a habinero taste like a candy apple.

Edit: Google blairs hot sauce

12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Man, people here eat jalapenos like they're jelly beans. How much would you pay me? I could use some beer money.

Now if we consider habaneros or some of those thai black peppers, we may have something to talk about.

Or maybe these:

Some like it hot (http://www.batnet.com/rwc-seed/Pepper.worlds.hottest.html)

ScottieK

M2d
12-01-2005, 02:10 PM
when I was 12 I was on a hawaii all star baseball team that played an international tournament in Mexico City. We stayed with host families from a Mexican team.
On an off day, my host family and my friends' host family all went out to lunch at a little Mexican food place (there, they just call it "food"). on the table, as condiments, was a tray of 15 or so different types of peppers, arranged from mildest to hottest.
I eat most food with tabasco or hot sauce, but the mildest was way too hot for me. the sons of the host familys, however, got into this thing where they would each eat a pepper from each tray. One guy started by eating a mild one and staring smugly at the other guy. this was repeated until both had eaten one from the hottest tray. they then laughed, shook hands and proceeded to eat their lunches with some of the hottest peppers loaded on.

12-01-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where at in St. Louis are you from? South city here. I was thinking that this is probably a fairly easy task. Now, a couple of bottles + juice from the steak and shake table would be tough. My dad knew some guy that was 400+ that downed 3 bottles in a row.

soko
12-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Would have to be alot of money involved

Eating alot of acidic food is one of the most unhealthy things you could ever do to your body, the pH levels in your blood would be [censored] up, would need to drink gallons of water before you could feel normal agian.