PDA

View Full Version : in the SB w/ 55 (come and play)

jnalpak
12-01-2005, 01:55 AM
Villian is 22.5/3 agg/6PFR (forget which goes first/second)

5limpers and the villan is button and raise...we have 55 in the SB and we.....?

villan usually raises button when its multiway with anything, post flop he sux0r.

say we call the raise:
rainbow flop: QQJ

six chk to the button who bets....Peel or not to peel? is there a bluff raise in here to weed out low pairs and possible drawers?

toss
12-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Preflop is an easy call based on pot odds.

Flop is an easy fold. You don't have the odds to draw for a set and its more likely you're already drawing dead or will get outdrawn on..

soweak.
12-01-2005, 02:17 AM
I think pre-flop your fine with a call. On the flop, your position makes it a raise/fold situation, with calling (in my opinion) being your worst option.

It really depends on your table image, and how likely the field will bite and fold to your C/R. I would probably muck seeing as this flop is most likely to have hit the field as opposed to a flop like 993r.

toby
12-01-2005, 02:26 AM
I agree with the other posters - pretty easy preflop call. On flop it's raise or fold depending on your opponents. If they respect you, go ahead and raise it. I feel like in most situations it would be a fold though because a lot of hands will call you from 77+ and q's and j's.

jnalpak
12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is an easy call based on pot odds.

Flop is an easy fold. You don't have the odds to draw for a set and its more likely you're already drawing dead or will get outdrawn on..

[/ QUOTE ]

My image has been what i perceive as taggish, playing hands agg and showing good hands as winners.

would a chk to the bettor and CR be a possible move here?

If you peel one and a 5 hits the turn whats your play to max the bets you win