PDA

View Full Version : AA against LAG who moves in on Turn

12-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Villan is 40/15/4.5
I had been pretty active recently and probably had a LAG image. After the highly coordinated flop, I was probably ahead, but if I bet strongly I would fold out most pairs that he might have and get called by hands that beat me. I decided to keep the pot small and charge draws only marginally. Also, it increases the opportunity for him to bluff which seemed good for several reasons: because he's LAG, short stacked, and I didn't think I should fold to a push given his stack size. I'm not sure about this reasoning. Any advice appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero ($252.50)
Button ($106.15)
SB ($39)
BB ($133.05)
UTG ($62.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($9.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

Turn: ($21.50) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $52.95</font>, Hero calls $42.95.

River: ($127.40) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $127.40

wdeadwyler
12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
I think he has you beat with Kx and either flopped two pair or turned it. Would he do this with an UI k? Prob not, I think I fold here.

MTBlue
12-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Check this turn.

Call bet on end. This board lets this guy bluff like crazy. Betting the turn is alright but I probably move in. Look at this guy's aggression factore he almost never calls so he is coming over the top your small bet of a ton. Also your turn bet is going to be a deterrent to his bluffing the river.

12-01-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card? I didn't know that was allowed. interesting.

Recliner
12-01-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card? I didn't know that was allowed. interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree. Checking the turn is the worst possible decision you could make.

If you have a LAG image you should be jamming the pot to try to induce a bluff on the flop and turn or you might even get called down. The line you took might not be so bad on a highly coordinated board. You don't need to get fancy with the short stack with this board. I would have bet the pot on the flop to find out where I was in the hand.

12-01-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have a LAG image you should be jamming the pot to try to induce a bluff on the flop... ....I would have bet the pot on the flop to find out where I was in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. If jamming the flop induces a bluff than how do find out where I am?

Hoopster81
12-01-2005, 02:03 AM
I would have raised to at least 5 pre-flop. Bet the pot flop/turn, getting all-in on turn is fine here. That flop was draw heavy.

12-01-2005, 02:16 AM
i think the flop bet is too small...turn im moving all in...if he has his set or 2 pair so be it...

12-01-2005, 02:25 AM
No turn checking on this board and against this type of player. Pot the flop and at least 3/4 the turn. At that point, theres no getting away from whatever he has.

Reef
12-01-2005, 02:28 AM
pfr to 5, bet around 3/4 pot flop, bet around 3/4 pot again turn, call raise.

12-01-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pfr to 5, bet around 3/4 pot flop, bet around 3/4 pot again turn, call raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if villan was deep?

CobraGoat
12-01-2005, 02:49 AM
for my own education, how is betting $6 into an $8 pot really controlling pot size? i am doing my hardest to understand controlling pot size and the difference between $8 and $6 seems small.

that being said, i think you have to pot the flop, reevaluate and then either check turn or push turn. the former to control the pot size/ potentially induce bluff on river (is that totally nonsensical and gross? im learning) the latter, well to get it all in.

Bukem_
12-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Your turn bet sucks.

12-01-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for my own education, how is betting $6 into an $8 pot really controlling pot size? i am doing my hardest to understand controlling pot size and the difference between $8 and $6 seems small.

that being said, i think you have to pot the flop, reevaluate and then either check turn or push turn. the former to control the pot size/ potentially induce bluff on river (is that totally nonsensical and gross? im learning) the latter, well to get it all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

6/9.50, just under 2/3 pot. Over several rounds it makes a difference, no?

The experienced posters aggreed that I should have been more aggressive, especially on the turn.

CobraGoat
12-01-2005, 03:06 AM
missed the blind money in there, makes more sense now.

MTBlue
12-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Guys this guy is probably going to bluff big at every scary river card. He could be in there with only a gutshot. Let him bluff at a diamond KQJT9. He will hit his random draw some percentage of the time but more often than not he will be giving away cash.

Against Joe blow its not the optimal line but against a guy with 4.5 aggression it makes alot of since.