PDA

View Full Version : kind of a weird hand

sthief09
12-01-2005, 12:36 AM
MP is loose and very passive
Button is 44/18/1.5/34 wtsd over many hands
SB is loose and very passive
BB is one of the best 10/20 players i have seen (ATE_THE_DEAD, free compliment if you read this)

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP folds.

bugstud
12-01-2005, 12:42 AM
I hate ate

I probably fold the turn

smurfitup
12-01-2005, 02:05 AM
i can't see how you're ever ahead on the turn. if button is good like you say, he's not betting aq or some bs on that board vs the whole table. nevermind the other people in the hand calling there.

edit: sorry, didnt see the good player was bb. either way, i fold the turn.

Alobar
12-01-2005, 02:11 AM
I think you can fold the turn, I dont see him betting again on that board with that many poeople, without something that beats you.

cartman
12-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I tend to get promiscuous in a pot this big if I have any shot of winning it. I would definitely have checked the flop hoping the action would unfold like it did. The only way the flop action could have been better is if button had bet and both blinds had folded, but the fact that BB folded makes this a sure checkraise for me. My play looks exactly like a fancy play syndrome monster and I am happy to drive out anyone who is just flopping around with an Ace or a Queen or even a pocket pair for that matter. The pot is massive and you have to at least call the flop anyway so, although your situation looks desperate, investing an extra small bet here (even risking the possibility of two if button 3-bets) seems like a bargain.

Cartman

NLSoldier
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I dont cap preflop.

I fold the turn.

12-01-2005, 09:06 PM
A turn fold would be good.

If SB folded on the turn, you might want to consider a call or (maybe better?) a turn c/r and an easy fold to a 3-bet.

So far, the hand doesn't look too weird like the title suggests unless button had 77 or complete air.

cocofrite
12-02-2005, 08:14 AM
I don't cap pf either.
I fold the flop.

mex78753
12-02-2005, 08:19 AM
I think it's a bad cap pre-flop considering the ammount of players in the hand.

I fold the turn as well because theres no way in heck you're ahead here with this many people involved.

TStoneMBD
12-02-2005, 11:01 AM
i like the preflop cap depending on what hand range you put the preflop 3bettor on. there is a very good chance you hold the best pp at the table and if you do then your equity is tremendous. even if you dont have the best pp you still have alot of preflop equity just for set value.

postflop i dont think checking serves a purpose if you are planning on getting to the showdown. youre better off betting rather than going cc cc. if you get raised on the flop you can call the raise for your 2 outter and cf the turn. at least you only pay 1BB that way to find out your hand is no good rather than paying 2.5.