PDA

View Full Version : help

lmcclean
07-07-2003, 05:17 PM
first of all, thought I'd say Hi. I'm new to this fourm but have been playing holdem recreationaly for about 2 years. I have however run into a problem latley. I'm a solid holdem player(mostly 3-6), but it's hard to find a low limit holdem game around here. most games are 1/2&1/2, and to be frand my omaha game is no good. I get into the 1/2&1/2 games and are sucesfull during the holdem hands but catch myself chasing and playing poor cards too often in omaha. Ant low limit amaha advice you guys could give me would be of great asistance.

Ray Zee
07-08-2003, 12:31 AM
you need to read the forums more and get some good books and study. you may find that you play far to loose in both games. in omaha little chasing comes into play. but understanding the value of what you have.

lmcclean
07-08-2003, 12:59 AM
thanx any good low limit omaha books you can recomend?
I think I play tight enough in hold em, mady to tight I was described as the room rock on a few ocasions this last weekend. One friend (a good omaha and holdem) player sugested that perhaps my problem is I play omaha to much like holdem, as I've 'grown up' as a holdem player

DKNY
07-08-2003, 08:22 AM
If it's just omaha you can skip this post.

Here's a very good article by Annie Duke on Omaha Eight or better.

http://www.ultimatebet.com/team_ub/duke/omaha.html

Al Mirpuri
07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
If you're playing Omaha High get Bob Ciaffone's Omaha Poker. If it's Omaha/8 then get hold of Ray Zee's Hi Lo Split Poker book.

mojolang
07-08-2003, 01:27 PM