PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker setting off my zone alarm

Steve Giufre
11-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I recently bought and installed Zone Alarm for my computer. When I open it Party Poker, my Zone Alarm hits me with the urgent attention warning, and says party is trying to monitor my keyboard strokes and mouse movements. Im not crazy about this, any ideas whats going on and what I should do?

Steve Giufre
12-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Seems to be OK now, weird. Probably nothing to worry about.

BluffTHIS!
12-01-2005, 02:58 AM
You might want to go to stars' website and read how their random number generator works. Also you could search these forums for Lee Jones' posts because he explained it once. Their random number generator involves using two forms of entrophy, one by a software algorithm, and the other by the mouse gestures of players. Party might be using the same type of thing. Thus the software would be making mathematical use of such but not really monitoring in the way a keylogger spy app would.

smoore
12-01-2005, 04:54 AM
party monitors this stuff. who knows if they use it for thier RNG (they don't claim to AFAIK). live with it or stop playing there. clicking ignore is like teliing windows firewall to allow the connections. I live with it.