PDA

View Full Version : Lost-11/30/05 *Spoilers*

11-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Seems like the pace has finally picked up. What do you think about the computer supposedly being 'Walt' and talking back to Michael? I think that the others are really talking to Michael, not Walt. But who knows, it'll probably end up being a camal or something.

FouTight
11-30-2005, 11:36 PM
i feel it's probably walt, but not using a computer.

The film kinda sucked, said exactly what you would expect.

buffett
11-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Fun with numbers.

The first two are known by most, but I just now figured out #3, which is completely random/trivial/meaningless/neat....

1. If you write out the sequence again and again....the 8th number is 8, the 15th is 15, the 16th is 16, the 23rd is 23, and the 42nd is 42. Doesn't work for 4, but what the hey.

2. 4+8+15+16+23+42=108

3. The differences between the numbers is 4 7 1 7 19, and 4+7+1+7=19.

11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I was really hoping the film was going to say what was going to happen if the code wasn't put in, but I figured they wouldn't drop that big of a bombshell.

11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
All,

Why all of a sudden do the get to use the computer for other reasons other than inputting the numbers?

Just cause they found the rest of the video?

Eurotrash
11-30-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Why all of a sudden do the get to use the computer for other reasons other than inputting the numbers?

Just cause they found the rest of the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just assumed Michael hacked the Gibson and somehow attached a cable modem to it while Eko and Locke were watching the video.

icepick
12-01-2005, 12:13 AM
[censored] finally. Some progress on this show.

Two holy [censored] moments, the finding of the film and the end with Micheal/Whoever.

It was nice to see What Kate did too I guess.

RacersEdge
12-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I think the interesting thing is who cut that section out of the film. Someone who wanted them to talk to the outside? I think there are multiple groups of "others" who are not on the same side.

One side thing: was Kate's "father" in Korea when she was born? Was that the Korean War????

12-01-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the interesting thing is who cut that section out of the film. Someone who wanted them to talk to the outside? I think there are multiple groups of "others" who are not on the same side.

One side thing: was Kate's "father" in Korea when she was born? Was that the Korean War????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 99% sure it was Korean war.

12-01-2005, 12:28 AM
I don't see the corraltion between that old redneck she killed and the military guy?

RacersEdge
12-01-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are? So the Korean War was like the early 50's - and she is about 25 - so what year is it?

RacersEdge
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the corraltion between that old redneck she killed and the military guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old redneck = her biological father

surfinillini
12-01-2005, 12:38 AM
Nobody else thinks Lost has jumped the shark???

CrazyEyez
12-01-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody else thinks Lost has jumped the shark???

[/ QUOTE ]
How dare you.

Macdaddy Warsaw
12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
No, but jumped the shark, remarkably enough, has jumped the shark.

CrazyEyez
12-01-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that was a little disappointing.

BUT - it said that if you try to use the computer to communicate, then another "incident" may happen. Michael used it to communicate => another "incident" is likely => me happy.

There sure are a lot of people with daddy problems on the island.

jnalpak
12-01-2005, 01:28 AM
1) eko's religion vs locks faith in the island
2) sawyer was dwayne? dwayne was sawyer?
3) This is Michael, who is this?
4) There are a lot of daddy issues going on
5) The Hanso tape respliced
6) was that kiss fo'real? She did claim she will never love sawyer for the dwayne reason so i guess they are our adam and eve?

jnalpak
12-01-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that was a little disappointing.

BUT - it said that if you try to use the computer to communicate, then another "incident" may happen. Michael used it to communicate => another "incident" is likely => me happy.

There sure are a lot of people with daddy problems on the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, those blast doors will probably drop at the end of the season and someone will be "changed forever" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KneeCo
12-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Interesting note Re: Walt and the computer.

***possible spoilers***** (although old news for many)

The very first time Shannon 'saw' Walt in the jungle and he spoker gibberish to her he was actually speaking backwards. I read on a forum, according to some net fans who played with the audio anyway, that what he was saying was (in white): <font color="white"> 'Don't press the button, the button is bad'. </font>

imported_anacardo
12-01-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are? So the Korean War was like the early 50's - and she is about 25 - so what year is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have easily been stationed in Korea at any time for any random-ass reason; we've got bases and personnel all over the world.

NotMitch
12-01-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The US has had troops in Korea since the war.

dblgutshot
12-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Needsmorenuts, the episode description for the next episode (2 weeks I believe) tells us we (in white) <font color="white"> Find out about the history of the island, how the hatch came to be, and what happens when the numbers aren't entered, as well as how the 'others' came to the island</font>

KneeCo, Im pretty sure it said "press the button, no button is bad". The second time he spoke backwards, I forgot to look up what that actually was. anybody know?

theTourne
12-01-2005, 02:23 AM
"They're coming and they're close."

kipin
12-01-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Needsmorenuts, the episode description for the next episode (2 weeks I believe)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to break it to you... but no new episodes until 2006.

Apprently they havn't even finished the script for the 12th episode (tonights was episode 9)

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21929

dblgutshot
12-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Damn...I guess these breaks are good. The last break was during my midterms, and these are during my finals. How considerate.

Sorry about my incorrect statements.

splashpot
12-01-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn...I guess these breaks are good. The last break was during my midterms, and these are during my finals. How considerate.

Sorry about my incorrect statements.

[/ QUOTE ]
How would 1 hour of Lost set you back for midterms and finals? It's not like some gambling or video game addiction.

dblgutshot
12-01-2005, 02:54 AM
I can't answer that.

You win.

Manimal
12-01-2005, 02:57 AM
It has to be at least 1998. One of the bills that Kate used to buy her ticket to Tallahassee tonight was a newer 20.

kipin
12-01-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It has to be at least 1998. One of the bills that Kate used to buy her ticket to Tallahassee tonight was a newer 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too, and it was an even NEWER 20 with the three colors in it, so where does that place it... 2004?

Edit: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8327/new200bx.jpg

12-01-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was really hoping the film was going to say what was going to happen if the code wasn't put in, but I figured they wouldn't drop that big of a bombshell.

[/ QUOTE ]
They don't want them to try to log on to Party Poker.

Evan
12-01-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there have been references to it being 2004 in the show. Also, I've read interviews with the creators saying it was 2004.

B Dids
12-01-2005, 03:25 AM
When Kate is in her "dad's" office, Sayed is seen on one of the TVs. Potentially beeing captured.

My group of Lost Fans who Hate Lost Fans still hates some of the people in this thread.

imported_anacardo
12-01-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My group of Lost Fans who Hate Lost Fans still hates some of the people in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as long as it ain't personal, dawg /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dominic
12-01-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, we still have troops in South Korea - on the border? A little place called the DMZ? The 38th Parallel? Maybe you've heard of it.

Newsflash: we also still have troops in Japan, Germany and Cuba.

kipin
12-01-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When Kate is in her "dad's" office, Sayed is seen on one of the TVs. Potentially beeing captured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow nice catch!

You find this yourself or someone else mention it?

Here is a picture with the TV blown up.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1362/sayeed9yp.jpg

peachy
12-01-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just b/c he was over there doesnt mean it was for "the war"...people were stationed over there all the time...

peachy
12-01-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1) eko's religion vs locks faith in the island
2) sawyer was dwayne? dwayne was sawyer?
3) This is Michael, who is this?
4) There are a lot of daddy issues going on
5) The Hanso tape respliced
6) was that kiss fo'real? She did claim she will never love sawyer for the dwayne reason so i guess they are our adam and eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

she likes the doc yeah...but she did it to throw herself away from her feelings for sawyer that remind her of dwayne and what she did....so shes overly making herself go for jack

peachy
12-01-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too, and it was an even NEWER 20 with the three colors in it, so where does that place it... 2004?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant be past 2004 though....wasnt she on that farm with the farmer for a bit?

TheCroShow
12-01-2005, 07:00 AM
this show rocks, excellent progress in this episode. i can't wait for the next one.

kenberman
12-01-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't see why people call Jack "Adam and Eve". they are not the first people on the island, or bear any other resemblance to Adam and Eve. if I'm missing something, please explain.

also, do you guys think Kate has 'the sickness' that Rousseau spoke of?

B Dids
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Pointed out to me by sombody who saw screen caps, but I was looking for other folks in the flashback, since they seem to pop up.

kenberman
12-01-2005, 11:53 AM
does anybody else find it strange how casual everyone acts? I mean, people have been abducted and killed by The Others, yet people still wander off into the woods by themselves, genereally seem calm, etc.

I get the feeling that these people should be organizing watch crews, defensive measure, ala the tailies. it seems the paranoia the tailies have, hasn't spilled over the the original survivors. I wonder why...

nolanfan34
12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cant be past 2004 though....wasnt she on that farm with the farmer for a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a more likely explanation is that it is supposed to be like 2001 or something, and they likely screwed up which bills they used. I noticed in one of Kate's flashback scenes, that after the car crashes into the tree and deploys the airbag, when she drives away the front end doesn't even look like it has any damage to it? Seems like possibly a sloppy use of props.

Otherwise that episode was awesome, and I can't believe I have to wait until freakin 2006!

jnalpak
12-01-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

so shes overly making herself go for jack

[/ QUOTE ]

I like where you're going with this peachy...sort of like leia with Han, she kissed luke b/c of the way she felt for the nerfherder

RacersEdge
12-01-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He could have easily been stationed in Korea at any time for any random-ass reason; we've got bases and personnel all over the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she said it implied he was over there for months at a time with no leave. I was under the impression that wouldn't be the case unless a war was on.

Dominic
12-01-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The way she said it implied he was over there for months at a time with no leave. I was under the impression that wouldn't be the case unless a war was on.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're under the wrong impression.

private joker
12-01-2005, 08:14 PM
Naveen Andrews is such a damn good actor. Did anyone else get surprisingly choked up during his funeral for Shannon? I didn't even care about her, but that funeral was choke city.

Also, not much discussion about what the horse means to the island/mystery. The horse saved Kate from being captured in the U.S., so she was able to flee to Australia, which is why she was on the plane that crashed. Ergo, if it wasn't for the horse, she wouldn't be on the island, and now she sees the horse on the island. And it's real -- she touched it, and Sawyer saw it. Who else is seeing things that relate to why they are there? Will Hurley see a big Lotto sign?

Sponger15SB
12-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I got choked up during the reunion between Rose and her husband at the end of last weeks episode. Really weird cause I'm a super macho bro dude.

kenberman
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
the horse was obviously on the plane.

honestly, they are going to have a hard time - or impossible time - explaining some of these things. either that, or the whole thing is made up/a dream/hell (which the writers have denied), which would suck.

Voltron87
12-01-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got choked up during the reunion between Rose and her husband at the end of last weeks episode. Really weird cause I'm a super macho bro dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

represent JV water polo, what!!!

kenberman
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who else is seeing things that relate to why they are there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack saw his dad early in season 1
There was also the boar/Sawyer situation, which was a metaphor, similar to the horse

B Dids
12-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Here's the question:

Did Sawyer really grab Kate, or did she just imagine that?

Also, Walt's the damn ghost in the machine and [censored]!

jacki
12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She did claim she will never love sawyer for the dwayne reason so i guess they are our adam and eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first shot of Kate in the fruit tree with the piece of fruit in the foreground was a clear parallel to Eve.

jacki
12-01-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow nice catch!

You find this yourself or someone else mention it?

Here is a picture with the TV blown up.
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1362/sayeed9yp.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the impression this was the first Iraq War, which would put this part of the story in about 1991. But that could be wrong.

kenberman
12-01-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She did claim she will never love sawyer for the dwayne reason so i guess they are our adam and eve?

[/ QUOTE ]

The first shot of Kate in the fruit tree with the piece of fruit in the foreground was a clear parallel to Eve.

[/ QUOTE ]

we've seen a bunch of people picking fruit.

jacki
12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we've seen a bunch of people picking fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but there was something about that shot that reminded me of Eve.
Also, I'm talking out my ass.

12-01-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So did I brother.

wonderwes
12-01-2005, 09:18 PM
I missed this week's episode. They do a replay of it on Saturday right?

kenberman
12-01-2005, 09:20 PM
dunno, but you can download it on itunes right now for $1.99.

oreogod
12-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Intresting stuff about the Dharma Intiative from one of the writers (general-ish, with vague hints):

Writer/Supervising producer Javier Grillo-Marxuach reveals (note that this is a summary of the spoilerish things he revealed): The people in the tail section have experienced the full wrath of "the Others" and the "monster"... but they don't know about any of the other mysteries of the island. They don't know about the hatch, the polar bears, the Dharma Initiative... so it's going be a real culture shock for them. Some of these characters are not going to get along. You've got Kate and Ana Lucia - who will both have some kind of a relationship with Jack. We also have a Nigerian man, and as you know from last season, a Nigerian drug plane was found on the island. You have to wonder if there's a connection... Not to mention Charlie who is a drug addict and has a Virgin Mary statue full of heroin. He hasn't broken it yet, but eventually we'll have to deal with the repercussions of that. As with the hatch, there will be more revelations about the Dharma Initiative, but it's all going to come at times when it's going to affect the characters most. You have not seen the last of Dharma, but it's going to be a little while before you find out a little bit more. The Dharma Initiative was a communal research facility on the island. A lot of scientists and free-thinkers got together to do a lot of different kinds of research: psychiatry, zoology - and remember that with the zoology of the film you saw some polar bears. It's possible there were some animal aggression studies going on there, as well as human psychology experiments and a whole variety of other things. The Dharma Initiative was founded by two peacenik Grad students who were trying to get to the bottom of a lot of mysteries about human behavior. There are six bunkers on the island, and they were devoted to a lot of different kinds of research. That's going to open up a lot of different avenues for us to tease you with what the kind of research was, and how it's evolved now that the Dharma Initiative seems to have fallen into disrepair. A lot has happened on the island and the Dharma Initiative is just the tip of the iceberg..."

source: Spoilerfix.com

oreogod
12-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Also seriously...does anyone else see the face in the black smoke here? wtf.

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/6861/lost23cc.jpg

original image can be found here:

Link (http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&amp;file=displayimage&amp;albu m=486&amp;pos=670)

kenberman
12-02-2005, 09:44 AM
which circle is the face in?

oreogod
12-02-2005, 09:50 AM
the right one. The left one is just some pattern-ey thing that stood out. Anyway, looked intresting whether its unintentional or not.

MoreWineII
12-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Goddamn this [censored] show.

buffett
12-02-2005, 02:37 PM
As to the black cloud face thing, Andrew Smith (in his world famous Ultimate Theory) did a pretty good job of theorizing about it on the Theories forum of 4815162342.com. Something about the cloud being made up of iron filings or some other magnetically-maneuverable substance, and those two circles being polar opposites. This should be somewhere in the middle of his thread...try pages 17-26. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kenberman
12-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As to the black cloud face thing, Andrew Smith (in his world famous Ultimate Theory) did a pretty good job of theorizing about it on the Theories forum of 4815162342.com. Something about the cloud being made up of iron filings or some other magnetically-maneuverable substance, and those two circles being polar opposites. This should be somewhere in the middle of his thread...try pages 17-26. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that is an interesting theory, but I would be dissapointed if the stuff re: the "collective conscious" was true. that's basically a copout plot device, similar to god's will - everything could be 'explained' by that, with really no explanation

12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I've watched the show but haven't followed the gossip. Has anyone theorized they're in a Matrix-style virtual reality setting? Seems like it could be, with Walt trying to sneak in information. It would explain his powers, the others (they remove characters from the mix), polar bears, horses and other unexplainable phenomenon. They might be rats in a virtual maze.

KneeCo
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Another reason Michelle Rodriguez is no good for the show:
[ QUOTE ]
HONOLULU (AP) - Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros, who star on ABC's Lost, were arrested within 15 minutes of each other in Kailua for allegedly driving under the influence of an intoxicant.

[/ QUOTE ]

full story (http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2005/12/02/1334249-ap.html)
Mug shots (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lostgirlsmug1.html)

CrazyEyez
12-02-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mug shots (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/mugshots/lostgirlsmug1.html)

[/ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe they were under the influence.

housenuts
12-02-2005, 08:08 PM
did anyone see the hand on the right hand edge of the screen when kate saw the horse the second time when sawyer was around. there was a hand on the right edge of the screen kind of waving at the horse and kate says "do you see that"

but there was no reference made to the hand.

of course this was just the animal trainer or whatever keeping the horse in position for the shot they wanted, but it's poor editing that it's still in there.

kenberman
12-02-2005, 08:13 PM
I saw the pictures, and it didn't look like a hand to me

housenuts
12-02-2005, 10:09 PM
it was a hand with a black glove

private joker
12-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Apologies if this was already posted, but Michelle Rodriguez and another cast member were busted for DUI.

Link. (http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&amp;oi=news&amp;start=0&amp;num=1&amp;q=http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm%3Fid%3D2341342005)

private joker
12-02-2005, 11:43 PM
And I also just heard Dominic Monaghan is engaged to Evangeline Lilly. Where have I been?

wonderwes
12-04-2005, 04:47 AM
I just got the chance to watch the episode. always with the teaspoon bits of information.

The film was interesting. The computer ending was also nutty. Keeps you guessing. I think the following episode will be the last for the year until new ones arrive in Jan/Feb. I must say, its not losing its steam in the plot.