PDA

View Full Version : herro, playalong/hand reading/preflop+flop+turn+river play

milesdyson
11-30-2005, 11:25 PM
X and Y are different cards - you get that info.

So I was playing at this table when it was 6 handed, and then I went outside and lost my seat. Well when I got back I saw these two guys sitting down. Button was 80/0 after 20 hands, and BB was 70/0 after about 20, too. Then, I decided to sit down with them and play some poker. I have no other information on these guys.

Absolute Poker - 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with X, Y.
Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

More action later - try to include every possible hand I could complete preflop with and bet/call this flop. There should be a ton of hands, and if you don't care to find the range, that's okay because I probably wouldn't respond to this post, either.

Also, I'm not being tricky with something I should be raising preflop.

11-30-2005, 11:40 PM
any oesd, any fd, any T, any 8, any 4, any 2 pair, hmmm... ?

jaxUp
11-30-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any oesd, any fd, any T, any 8, any 4, any 2 pair, hmmm... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that he bets the flop with that, but I don't think his completion range is quite that wider from SB. I'd cut most 4x hands, and some 8x and Tx hands.

milesdyson
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
yeah jax -

what's the lowest offsuit/suited T/8/4 i can have here? keep in mind i really want to play hands against these guys (and you should, too).

sean c
11-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Made hands - JT, QT, T9, 98, T8 or J8 maybe a mid PP.
Made hands you don't have - a set, an overpair or AT.
Draws- possible flush without overcards, QJ, J9 or 97.
Draws you don't have - fd with overcards or straight fd.

The pot was pretty small so i am assuming you have decent equity on the flop and that is why you bet.

benkath1
12-01-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the lowest offsuit/suited T/8/4 i can have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to go with 10 8, 8 6, don't see any 4's, 10 with any paint I almost think you would raise this preflop. I could see this flop action with back door draws with an overcard or two.

jaxUp
12-01-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah jax -

what's the lowest offsuit/suited T/8/4 i can have here? keep in mind i really want to play hands against these guys (and you should, too).

[/ QUOTE ]

offsuit T: T8-TQ (I raise KT and AT)
suited T: T7-TQ (I raise KT and AT)
offsuit 8: 87, 89, 8T, K8, A8
suited 8: 86+ (I might raise A8s)
offsuit 4: K4, A4
suited 4: 43, 54, Q4+

12-01-2005, 01:10 AM
You've got 98o or 87o. I might add 86.

You might have T8o - you sneaky dog.

benkath1
12-01-2005, 02:22 AM
More action later....................this week?

Shillx
12-01-2005, 02:24 AM
J6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif???

Err said J7 before...

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 04:18 AM
yeah so basically every hand said so far i would bet here. sorry i wasn't around to show the turn/river sooner... so here we go. this should narrow the range down nicely. also i fixed the action - i had shown button acting before bb, eh?

Absolute Poker - 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with X, Y.
Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

and two options for the river action:
---------------------------1---------------------------
River: (10.5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button folds, Hero makes most likely a bad call but the pot is large and BB is unknown.
-------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------2---------------------------
River: (10.5 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>
-------------------------------------------------------

jaxUp
12-01-2005, 04:21 AM
I think next time you do a playalong you should try to stretch it out over like 3 days.

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 04:25 AM
one day per street. genius.

12-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Your T8 got counterfiet./images/graemlins/frown.gif

tyler_cracker
12-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Well i, for one, want to know what happened, so i'm replying/bumping.

After the turn check/raise, i put you on a T with a decent kicker (QT-T9, maybe KTo if you wouldn't raise it preflop), or a pair with a flush draw (98s, 54s, etc.).

I have no idea what hand you could have on the river that would be a "bad call but let's lookup the unknown anyway" *or* a 3-bet (because surely you don't think unknown 80/0 man is pulling a river bluff raise/fold). I think this narrows your range to a hand that contains a T, however.

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
the two optional river actions are supposed to be taken as different results. use them to come up with specific ranges. in one i have a hand that is a crying call to that river raise. in two i have a hand that i 3-bet with. the hands are different, but i could play them the same on the flop and turn.

[ QUOTE ]
Your T8 got counterfiet.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm 3-betting the flop with T8.

[ QUOTE ]
After the turn check/raise, i put you on a T with a decent kicker (QT-T9, maybe KTo if you wouldn't raise it preflop), or a pair with a flush draw (98s, 54s, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]
mainly i just 3-bet the flop w/ KT/QT/JT most of the time. if i just bet/call the flop with these, i would not check raise the turn. i would also not raise the turn with less than top pair (even with a four flush). 54s is a good guess for river option one. 98s is not.

12-01-2005, 03:36 PM
A5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A4

[/ QUOTE ]
can't have it. i check raised the turn.
[ QUOTE ]
A5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
still not check raising turn.

12-01-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A4

[/ QUOTE ]
can't have it. i check raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Realised. See above.

The river 3bet option.
76o
32/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

tyler_cracker
12-01-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your T8 got counterfiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree (not sure if you noticed, but i wasn't the one that said this. Also, i know how to spell "counterfeited" :P).

[ QUOTE ]

mainly i just 3-bet the flop w/ KT/QT/JT most of the time. if i just bet/call the flop with these, i would not check raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you would donk/3-bet instead? Or because you would only not 3-bet the flop because of other outstanding circumstances (you're up against a rock/the board is scary/...)?

[ QUOTE ]
i would also not raise the turn with less than top pair (even with a four flush). 54s is a good guess for river option one. 98s is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might make a crying call with T5s/85s/54s, thinking that BB must have aces up.

You would 3-bet 55, though you would probably raise that preflop. If you wouldn't raise the turn without at least top pair, there are no hands with an A that you can have except AT, which you would certainly raise pf. 76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif also works.

Am i getting closer?

12-01-2005, 04:01 PM
J10, Q10 or 10 9o/s.

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 04:02 PM
yeah this is right on basically. 55 is less part of my range not only because i did not raise preflop but because i bet called the flop. i'm going to fold 55 to a raise here.

AT also gets 3-bet on the flop, along with raised preflop.

76s is basically the only hand i can have in option two. 76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif gets 3-bet on the flop, so it's one of the other 3.

85s/54s are good guesses for option one. T5s (although T &gt; 8) i'm folding preflop.

12-01-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your T8 got counterfiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he might have had a touch of FPS.

The pot is small and I think this would be acceptable way to play T8 against this opposition.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree (not sure if you noticed, but i wasn't the one that said this. Also, i know how to spell "counterfeited" :P).

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems like one of those words like hung or hanged.

[ QUOTE ]
76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif also works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he 3bets the flop if it's 76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 76o works though.

12-01-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

76s is basically the only hand i can have in option two.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving up MAD equity by not 3betting the flop with 76s.....

Double gutter flush draws are sexy.

tyler_cracker
12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems like one of those words like hung or hanged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like many things in the world, the problem with this word is that it is French in origin /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

I think he 3bets the flop if it's 76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. 76o works though.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting a flush draw + gutshot HU and OOP is pretty marginal. As for 76o, I don't think miles would bet/call just a gutshot on the flop.

Edit: i am retarded and even after you *said* there was a double-gutter, i didn't see it. So yeah, 76o does work (unless miles didn't see that he had a double-gutter, in which case my above comment still applies :P.)

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 05:29 PM
i'm quoting myself. 76s does not mean only the one with the flush draw guys.

[ QUOTE ]
76s is basically the only hand i can have in option two. 76/images/graemlins/diamond.gif gets 3-bet on the flop, so it's one of the other 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 06:05 PM
so i had 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and the guy just called the river with QT.

12-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I've got two questions.

1. How long did you take before calling the flop raise?

2. When you edit, how come it doesn't show that you edited?
*snapped*

milesdyson
12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
eh..

1. took about 0.67 seconds i'd say.
2. i'm a ninja.