PDA

View Full Version : A preflop question....

UATrewqaz
11-30-2005, 09:33 PM
You're in the SB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

3 limpers, a raise, followed by a cold call by the button

Your action, call or fold or hell why not raise? I can see a case for any of them....

Table is a typical mix of .5/1 players, original raise came from a decent player.

11-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I think we're calling. We don't want to force this HU between you and the other guy OOP.

tyler_cracker
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
The other thread has proven conclusively how much i suck at preflop, but i like calling best.

Folding sucks in what is going to be a big pot when we have a hand that plays well multiway.

3-betting sucks with a hand that may be dominated and that we're going to have to play OOP.

Calling is juuuust right.

(And obviously reads can push this towards a raise (when villain is a LAG) or a fold (when villain is a rock).)

UATrewqaz
11-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I did end up calling on the hand but never have I faced such a waiver in my decision

My initial thought was "call... I'm too loose in the small blind adn probably dominated, I'm gonna fold... but I could easily flop a nice draw in a big pot and my ace still MIGHT be ok.... well hell why don't I raise?... na just call"

tyler_cracker
11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, as Phil Gordon says, "Only if you're not sure should you call." That line of thinking sounds pretty unsure /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

This situation seems as good as any for the ol' "folding sucks, raising sucks, guess i should call" philosophy.

McGahee
11-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Call - I don't think it's that close.

Fryguy
11-30-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call - I don't think it's that close.

[/ QUOTE ]
reasonable action hand, but you are out of position. Raising is out of the question here. However, since it IS a reasonable action hand, I don't think you can fold.

11-30-2005, 11:08 PM
I call here instead of raise because there's a good chance I'm dominated by the raiser and I'm in poor position here after the flop. I like the call due to the suited possibilities, the discount because I'm in the small blind and the solid kicker.

milesdyson
11-30-2005, 11:09 PM
i'm calling so much here, ATs is a no brainer. i call 86s, probably 75s.

12-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Call and hope for a good flop. I would probably get away from the hand if all I get is a pair of aces on the flop. May be dominated but it depends on the action post flop.

ajm36
12-01-2005, 07:18 AM
I may be dominated by the raiser and the cold call and I'm OOP, I prefer the call--then I'm sure everyone comes along and I see the flop cheap. If I raise, I may fold out 1 or 2 of the limpers (it is .5/1, so most will stay), but there is a strong possibility I will get re-raised and pay 4 sb's to see the flop--I just can't justify that. You are definitely NOT folding this hand.