PDA

View Full Version : 66 good river raise?

Ryan11
11-30-2005, 09:23 PM
64/3.9/0.82 donkey, has donked the turn twice when the board paired without having it. seems to like to donk and bluff raise scare cards
28.4/22.5/0.96 seems like a decent player, only 100 hand sample

How did I play this?

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB.

11-30-2005, 09:25 PM
With a third player in I wouldn't think twice about ditching it on the flop. River's kind of fancy, but you had an idea, justified it, found the spine to run it, and as a bonus you were correct (this time). Good play or not I can't really knock someone for doing that.

Ryan11
11-30-2005, 09:35 PM
[censored], I meant to leave out the action after I raised.

Zele
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I agree that I probably wouldn't have gotten to the turn, but the river looks great, assuming BB is the donkey and Button the decent. Also a great example of the power of specific reads.

bdk3clash
11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Preflop's good, I think this is a pretty easy flop fold. Given your flop call I think the turn call with a gutshot + probable set outs is good, on the river I certainly like a raise better than a call but I think a fold is better since you lose to 2 of the 3 flop board pairs

Based on the read you provided the BB doesn't seem particularly aggressive, at least not e ough to try this river bet with air. There are a bunch of flop draws he could have blanked on though, but to bet into two players given the preflop action really should be a piece of the board enough of the time that you can't raise profitably.

I'd also point out that you lose 2 or 3 bets on the river when you lose and win 1 bet most of the time you're winning this hand.

I think I'm like 95/5/0 fold/raise/call.

Zele
12-01-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also point out that you lose 2 or 3 bets on the river when you lose and win 1 bet most of the time you're winning this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the whole pot he wins when he has BB beat and pushes button off his TT? His read does specifically suggest that BB might be betting out with little value (though I didn't expect no value 3way), and it would take some nuggets for this TAGgy button to call with less than TPGK.

bdk3clash
12-01-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the whole pot he wins when he has BB beat and pushes button off his TT?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get it but I don't think he has BB beat enough of the time to be profitable. I agree the raising is much better than calling.

Slight correction to my above post: now you lose to every flop board pair. I think this is a pretty easy fold.