PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

Sarge85
07-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I have seen this tool reference a few times, and while the name does lead to some clues on what it does or doesn't do - I have some questions:

What is it?

Where do I get it?

Why would a good poker player need it?

Thanks

Packerfan1
07-07-2003, 03:27 PM
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

I'd describe it, but just download the demo and see for yourself. The demo version is good for 1000 hands. Basically keeps data on yourself and every single opponent you play against.

"Why would a good player need it"

Story from the weekend...
Playing in two rocking 3/6 games at Party when a new player joins one of the tables. I don't recognize him. Enter his ID on Tracker... Played with him in May, bout 150 hands... sees 4% of the non-blind flops, hardly ever raises, hands shown: AA, KK, AK. In other words, guy makes a rock like me look like a maniac. 3 hands later I pick up AQs in MP. I raise 2 limpers when our friend suddenly wakes up and 3bets right behind me (danger will robinson danger). The flop comes Q high junk and I don't hesitate AT ALL to check-fold to his flop bet KNOWING I have 2 outs at most to catch the AA that he had. The other 3 opponents were not as clever and paid him off nicely even after the case Ace hit the turn.

Without Tracker that hand costs me at least $40.. and I can think of dozens of situations like it where I've adjusted my play based on my opponents data.

So, go get it. But keep it quiet will ya? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Pack

tiltboy
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Is there no chance he would 3-bet with AKs or did you deduce from his flop bet that he was on AA or KK?

jedmb
07-07-2003, 06:12 PM
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know when there will be an update for party's new @#($*&#@$&( format of their histories??

Thanks,
Jed

ptrack pat
07-07-2003, 11:36 PM
No update is needed, the problem last week was with Party sending the hand histories with no line breaks. They fixed it by the next day and everything has been fine since except for the fact that I can't get my HH right now for some reason /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Is there another problem you are speaking of?

RollaJ
07-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Personally I just wish Party would stop screwing up so that Pat can get version 2 out, I am really looking forward to it but wont gamble with a beta version

BTW, this program is The Nuts!!!

(keep those shill fees coming)

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
How long will version 2 take him?

I can't wait till it comes out... He said that he would support Ultimate Bet after he did V2!!!

YYAAAAYYY!

David
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Best poker related investment I ever made!

Copernicus
07-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Which leads to a follow up...what about starting a "hand history club" with limited membership. the more data you have on others the better, and providing your data to a limited number of others shouldnt be that detrimental.

jek187
07-10-2003, 01:18 PM
You must have misunderstood something. UB is currently unsupportable due to no ability to request a mass HH.

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi Doug,

I will be adding support for additional sites once I get v2 done and UB is one I hope to do.

Thanks for your interest in Poker Tracker.

Pat Isaac

----- Original Message -----
To: <support@pokertracker.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:24 PM
Subject: Support Ultimate Bet for PT?

> Just wondering if you would support UltimateBet for poker tracker? I
> play mostly that site, and looking to get into party a bit... Heres
> how it works.... While sitting at the table, you click "Hand
> history"... it
pops
> up a little window, where you can choose the number...
>
> you can then save it to a text file pretty easily... you can also
> save
more
> then one if you import more then one...

ptrack pat
07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
"Personally I just wish Party would stop screwing up so that Pat can get version 2 out"

I couldn't agree more RollaJ!! Their constant tinkering is a big pain in the XXX! Another problem I am having with supporting tournaments at Party/Empire is their lack of a detailed tourney summary like Paradise and Stars have. For their sit&go tournies they provide a summary at the top of the hand history which is ok but for their multi-table tournies they offer nothing at all. I emailed support and asked about this and all they said was the file would be too big so they couldn't send me anything. I couldn't get them to understand that all I wanted was a listing of payouts, how many players were involved, etc. Hard to believe they couldn't figure out what I wanted huh? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Sarge85
07-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Bleah...UB is where I play. No support of this tool?

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 07:14 PM
reference MY reply to his post

it WILL support UB eventually

jek187
07-10-2003, 07:19 PM
it WILL support UB eventually

And from Pat:
I will be adding support for additional sites once I get v2 done and UB is one I hope to do.

Nowhere does he say UB WILL be added. He merely hopes to. It could prove to be impossible until UB switches their format.

ptrack pat
07-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, I do hope to add support for UB but I'm not sure how marketable it will be without the ability to request a large number of hands at one time.

Bama Boy
07-10-2003, 08:55 PM
I have a question. I'm still in the trial version, and so far have been extremely pleased with Tracker. But is there a way to set the defaults for 2 different usernames? I couldn't get the same name at Party as I have at Stars. Just an idea if its not already possible.

2+2Mike
07-10-2003, 09:14 PM
You can do this by clicking on the "Aliases..." button on the General Info tab just below where you set the player icons.

HTH,
Mike

ptrack pat
07-10-2003, 09:35 PM
What Mike said...in the current version if you have an account on Empire and Party you cannot alias them since it's really the same site. In version 2, I changed this to allow you to create an unlimited number of aliases.

Bama Boy
07-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info, just makes this thing even better.

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 10:23 PM
its a bit tedious, but what you can do is open hand histories one at a time, keep it in the same window, and then save it... so for example, you sit down, get dealt in... after your first hand, you hit hand history, and it has your last hand... THEN, you hit the up arrows after your next hand, and you click retrieve hand number, it shows the next one in the same window, and when you hit "save" it saves all the hands you opened... just a thought... maybe find some way to automatically do it...