PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

Sarge85
07-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I have seen this tool reference a few times, and while the name does lead to some clues on what it does or doesn't do - I have some questions:

What is it?

Where do I get it?

Why would a good poker player need it?

Thanks

Packerfan1
07-07-2003, 03:27 PM
www.pokertracker.com (http://www.pokertracker.com)

I'd describe it, but just download the demo and see for yourself. The demo version is good for 1000 hands. Basically keeps data on yourself and every single opponent you play against.

"Why would a good player need it"

Story from the weekend...
Playing in two rocking 3/6 games at Party when a new player joins one of the tables. I don't recognize him. Enter his ID on Tracker... Played with him in May, bout 150 hands... sees 4% of the non-blind flops, hardly ever raises, hands shown: AA, KK, AK. In other words, guy makes a rock like me look like a maniac. 3 hands later I pick up AQs in MP. I raise 2 limpers when our friend suddenly wakes up and 3bets right behind me (danger will robinson danger). The flop comes Q high junk and I don't hesitate AT ALL to check-fold to his flop bet KNOWING I have 2 outs at most to catch the AA that he had. The other 3 opponents were not as clever and paid him off nicely even after the case Ace hit the turn.

Without Tracker that hand costs me at least $40.. and I can think of dozens of situations like it where I've adjusted my play based on my opponents data.

So, go get it. But keep it quiet will ya? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Pack

tiltboy
07-07-2003, 03:58 PM
Is there no chance he would 3-bet with AKs or did you deduce from his flop bet that he was on AA or KK?

jedmb
07-07-2003, 06:12 PM
On a somewhat related note, does anyone know when there will be an update for party's new @#($*&#@$&( format of their histories??

Thanks,
Jed

ptrack pat
07-07-2003, 11:36 PM
No update is needed, the problem last week was with Party sending the hand histories with no line breaks. They fixed it by the next day and everything has been fine since except for the fact that I can't get my HH right now for some reason /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Is there another problem you are speaking of?

RollaJ
07-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Personally I just wish Party would stop screwing up so that Pat can get version 2 out, I am really looking forward to it but wont gamble with a beta version

BTW, this program is The Nuts!!!

(keep those shill fees coming)

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
How long will version 2 take him?

I can't wait till it comes out... He said that he would support Ultimate Bet after he did V2!!!

YYAAAAYYY!

David
07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Best poker related investment I ever made!

Copernicus
07-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Which leads to a follow up...what about starting a "hand history club" with limited membership. the more data you have on others the better, and providing your data to a limited number of others shouldnt be that detrimental.

jek187
07-10-2003, 01:18 PM
You must have misunderstood something. UB is currently unsupportable due to no ability to request a mass HH.

KaptainKangoroo
07-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi Doug,

I will be adding support for additional sites once I get v2 done and UB is one I hope to do.

Thanks for your interest in Poker Tracker.

Pat Isaac