PDA

View Full Version : 11: BB hand hits 2d pair on the river with a flush board.

GtrHtr
11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Level 1, no reads. Following the turn call I put the villain on either
top pair or a flush draw.

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 5: ctrlfrk ( $1115 )
Seat 10: hilbi ( $675 )
Seat 6: beaver ( $785 )
Seat 7: Hero ( $880 )
Seat 4: money5 ( $955 )
Seat 1: mrder ( $775 )
Seat 9: Dckz ( $775 )
Seat 3: Jami ( $800 )
Seat 8: aqueens ( $720 )
Seat 2: danes55 ( $520 )
Trny:17863356 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 8c 6c ]
aqueens folds.
Dckz folds.
hilbi calls [15].
mrder folds.
danes55 calls [15].
Jami folds.
money5 folds.
ctrlfrk folds.
beaver calls [5].
Hero checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 4s, 9s ]
beaver checks.
Hero bets [30].
hilbi folds.
danes55 calls [30].
beaver folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
Hero bets [45].
danes55 calls [45].
** Dealing River ** [ 6s ]
Hero ?

pineapple888
11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Bet half the pot, he calls, see who wins.

GtrHtr
11-30-2005, 08:50 PM
do you play this very differently on the flop and turn from OOP?

tigerite
11-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I would no way no how bet this flop with 2nd pair 6 kicker and no draw, on a hugely co-ordinated board. Your reverse implied odds are ridiculously bad.

GtrHtr
11-30-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would no way no how bet this flop with 2nd pair 6 kicker and no draw, on a hugely co-ordinated board. Your reverse implied odds are ridiculously bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check fold? Thats my usual play, but decided to try something else. You are correct.

Totally OT, but as a subject of the Queen, what do you think of my maybe temporary new avatar? Swiss Toni was wearing on me.

pineapple888
11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a huge sin to bet the flop, although I wouldn't do it out of position with so many people in. Reverse implied odds only kick in if you're bad enough to chase after a big raise.

tigerite
11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Not bad, heh. I had to put avatars on just to see it - usually they're off because of browsing at work. Else I get some funny looks.

Ok well as you've played it I think you have to go for a check/call on the river. If you bet he folds any hands you have beat, if you check-raise he raises any hands that have you smashed, but if you check-call you snap off a bluff.

tigerite
11-30-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a huge sin to bet the flop, although I wouldn't do it out of position with so many people in. Reverse implied odds only kick in if you're bad enough to chase after a big raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite strongly disagree, but anyway. If it was just a flush draw or just a straight draw.. maybe. But on this flop.. ugh. It just feels wrong.

pineapple888
11-30-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you play this very differently on the flop and turn from OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I check/fold.

patrick dicaprio
11-30-2005, 09:32 PM
bet if he will call with a one pair hand or top pair. also if he is prone to bluff or worse yet make a large bet if you check you may want to make a small bet to avoid having to call for a lot of chips. if you make a small bet and get raised then at least you can fold if you are so inclined with a light heart. by the way your turn bet is too small if you think he has a flush draw, since he will for sure think it is worth a call despite marginally unfavorable odds since he will expect to win a bet on the river.

one thing to keep in mind is that he might only have a straight draw and be afraid of the flush card so when it hits you have to play some poker.

Pat

GtrHtr
11-30-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok well as you've played it I think you have to go for a check/call on the river. If you bet he folds any hands you have beat, if you check-raise he raises any hands that have you smashed, but if you check-call you snap off a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good line. I checked and villain checked back. He had T9o so I was ok, not putting this play in my playbook anytime soon.

I agree with both of you about check/fold on the flop. I decided to bet for a change to see where I stood and among other things work on my hand reading.

thanks for the feedback.

Gtr