PDA

View Full Version : SS Mod

MrWookie47
11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey, are we still planning on promoting W. Deranged to SS mod? Entity and Evan are still on the list in spite of diverting their attion to Mid.

MrWookie47
12-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Bump. Anything?

B Dids
12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Jason_T was also mentioned in this convo and he and I are wondering what's up as well.

MrWookie47
12-04-2005, 11:03 PM
jason_t, W., QTip, someone. Right now, since it seems that GoT is on some sort of hiatus, SS doesn't really have a dedicated mod. Ent and Evan are focusing on Mid, no? This really should be fixed.

Evan
12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jason_t, W., QTip, someone. Right now, since it seems that GoT is on some sort of hiatus, SS doesn't really have a dedicated mod. Ent and Evan are focusing on Mid, no? This really should be fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't opened small stakes more than 5 times since the split.

durron597
12-05-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jason_T was also mentioned in this convo and he and I are wondering what's up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason_t plays mid-limits anyway, right?

B Dids
12-05-2005, 12:45 PM
He does now yeah, but he's still interested in modding SS and he's got 3 billion hands at 2/4.

MrWookie47
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
My first pick for SS mod would still be W Deranged, but I'd support jason_t if that's the compromise we need to get SOMEONE in SS looking after things.

durron597
12-05-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My first pick for SS mod would still be W Deranged, but I'd support jason_t if that's the compromise we need to get SOMEONE in SS looking after things.

[/ QUOTE ]

me2

Edit: on both counts

Mat Sklansky
12-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Whomever you guys think is best. Just get the candidate to pm me

MrWookie47
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Alright, let's get this settled, then. What do we want to do to decide? A poll here? A write in vote? A HU SnG? A coin toss? A cribbage game? A fight to the death?

B Dids
12-05-2005, 06:42 PM
We can't have both?

MrWookie47
12-05-2005, 11:13 PM
OK, let's do that, if no one objects. I'll PM them both at midnight tonight to PM Mat for the job unless someone objects here before then.

durron597
12-06-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, let's do that, if no one objects. I'll PM them both at midnight tonight to PM Mat for the job unless someone objects here before then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still prefer QTip to jason_t especially since Jason plays mid stakes now. I would 100% support jason_t for mid stakes if they needed another mod or if he were to move down for whatever reason.

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Eh, QTip was telling me that he was planning on moving up to mid stakes in not too much time. OTOH, jason_t has been a fair bit more active in Mid rather than SS (as well as MHSH and SSSH), whereas QTip looks like he's dominantly posting in SS lately, with some MS. QTip was the one who sent me the PM that inspired this post because he wanted to see some sort of moderation in SS, whether he got the job or someone else did.

I haven't told anyone that they got the job yet, so I guess this can hold out until tomorrow or so without any trouble. Maybe what would be best is to promote W. Deranged while we work out whether or not to promote either QTip, jason_t, gabyyyyy, theredpill, or some gimmick account that wants to be as cool as Commodus?

durron597
12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
gabyyyyy, theredpill,

[/ QUOTE ]

I would immediately quit 2+2 in protest, FYI /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 11:27 AM
What's the word on these boards? Jopke? Yeah. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

durron597
12-06-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the word on these boards? Jopke? Yeah. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Greg J
12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...gabyyyyy...

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely you are not serious.

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Surely you are not serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MrWookie47
12-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Alright, no one has objected to the plan of promoting W. Deranged while we sit around and gaze at our bellybuttons waiting for someone to say something on the subject of jason_t vs. QTip. I'm going to go ahead and tell him that he should PM Mat for the job at 8 pm tonight (EST) unless someone has a really strong objection before then. In the mean time, say something about whether we should promote either QTip or jason_t.

B Dids
12-06-2005, 06:36 PM
I'd still vote for jason_t over Tip, mostly because I think jason is a better poster. However, I'm also his friend, so I'm obviously biased. I think that the limits people play really don't matter much, it's more about their dedication/ability to communicate.

Greg J
12-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Nothing against Jason, but I vote QTip.

durron597
12-06-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Jason is the (slightly) better poster, but he has a more vested interest in medium stakes (I feel like a broken record here). I would not blame him for losing interest in the forum, even if he is active in it now.

astroglide
12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
i'm not a personal friend of jason_t. i think he's a great poster and i think he would make a great moderator.

Evan
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Jason is the (slightly) better poster, but he has a more vested interest in medium stakes (I feel like a broken record here). I would not blame him for losing interest in the forum, even if he is active in it now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fwiw Jason is a significantly better poster than QTip.

durron597
12-07-2005, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fwiw Jason is a significantly better poster than QTip.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant in the sense of the ability to write, not play poker.

Whatever, the sstakes lurker will return to the shadows now.

W. Deranged
12-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks for making me an SS mod. It's nice to see all the time I've spent there's been noticed...

As for who additional SS mods, I think Jason would probably be my choice. He is one of the forum's absolute best posters. My only concern would be, as some have noted, that he might spend a majority of his time in Mid and thus not be as active in SS discussions.

Of all the other posters in SS, my absolute first choice would actually be Harv72b, who's long been one of my favorite posters. The concern there is that he's somewhat spotty in his participation, but as far as quality of posts and level of contribution to the forum there are few I would prefer.

Mat Sklansky
12-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Who should I remove from that forum, if anyone?

Evan
12-07-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who should I remove from that forum, if anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Me.

MrWookie47
12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Entity had also expressed in the other thread that he was no longer interested in modding SS and instead wanted to take on Mid stakes.

B Dids
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
If both Evan and Rob are leaving, then I think we might as well have both Q-Tip and jason and everybody else as mods. Like I've said before, I can't imagine that too many mods would be a problem.

W. Deranged
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah... If Rob and Evan are leaving, Me, QTip, and Jason would be a good collection, it would seem.

MrWookie47
12-07-2005, 07:59 PM
OK, sounds good to me. W., you want to have the honors of telling your soon-to-be cohorts they got the job?

B Dids
12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I'd prefer to let jason know.

W. Deranged
12-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Dids,

You definitely should have the honor of letting Jason know. Go for it.

I'll let QTip know.

-Will

B Dids
12-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Jason knows, Mat has a PM.

W. Deranged
12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jason knows, Mat has a PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. I Pmed QTip so Matt should receive a PM from him soon as well.

B Dids
12-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Unless Mat knows something I don't- it would appear that the wrong jason_t has been modded. jason_t is our much talked about poster. JasonT appears to be a lurker with zero posts.

Mat Sklansky
12-08-2005, 11:06 AM
I don't know what you're talking about

QTip
12-09-2005, 09:16 PM
It's an honor to be listed among these names in green. I can chime in with others here in that I'm certainly the bottom of the totem pole compared to the others. Happy to be there though, in that it leaves plenty of room for growth /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think among the three new additions to the SS forum mods, one of us is always present and able to take care of an issue, which I think is a great thing.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the team.

Thx,

QTip

B Dids
12-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Something to suggest:

In talking about mods, obviously we're going to be critical of people. I think there's some merit to going back and removing some of those posts once the people are invited, so that we're free to talk about people, but don't have to feel like dicks once they see it.

QTip
12-09-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something to suggest:

In talking about mods, obviously we're going to be critical of people. I think there's some merit to going back and removing some of those posts once the people are invited, so that we're free to talk about people, but don't have to feel like dicks once they see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that would be a good policy when I saw this as well.

In this case, you have no reason to feel that way as I already know you're not a dick and it's almost impossible to offend me. No harm done here. I continue to have respect for you as a player and a poster.

Mike Haven
12-10-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had this thought, too. (I suspect it may be one of the reasons that astroglide jumps on everything I write. /images/graemlins/wink.gif). If a couple of others chime in and agree, I would not be averse to deleting or editing some relevant posts, but I admit I'm not going to spend too much time looking for them. If you use the usual "notify mod" system that would be helpful to me. Thanks.

StellarWind
12-10-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a couple of others chime in and agree, I would not be averse to deleting or editing some relevant posts

[/ QUOTE ]
Chime. Threads for picking new mods should be removed as soon as someone is selected.

MrWookie47
12-10-2005, 07:31 PM
This is a good idea. I agree.

GrunchCan
12-10-2005, 09:18 PM
I agree as well. It's not unlike when a job applicant is interviewed & the interviewers discuss the applicant later. Those discussions stay in the office.