PDA

View Full Version : interesting s00ted 2-gapper i should have folded pf in teh BB

11-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Did I slowplay this too much (I'm talking about hand protection AND maximizing value here)? With no apparent draws I went for the overcall on the flop, then when I picked up the club draw on the turn as well I suppose I didn't want to "lose any customers" since my equity was so high...(yeah I know, f the customers)

I think I should have folded PF (mmmm luv me some pot odds though) and raised on the turn, anyone have any suggestions?

Steve

Entity
11-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Your preflop call is fine, but raise the flop. You're going to get 3-bet by overpairs very frequently which can allow you for some flexibility on the turn. Your hand is pretty strong on this flop but not invulnerable, and often by raising, while you may force out hands you'd like to call (A9 and such), you'll still get calls from hands that are drawing hopelessly slim, especially at these limits. If you raise the turn, usually these hands will fold to one bet, let alone two, so you miss an opportunity to get 3-bet on the flop when you hold the best hand (yay!) and to get a fair amount of money in the pot when others are drawing very slim against you.

Rob

11-30-2005, 07:43 PM
After you flop top two, bet at every point possible, but only call a river 3-bet. (He has a straight you dope.)

hemstock
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Preflop is good.
Raise the flop. There could be draws out there and 2 pair is always vulnerable. Don't give free cards.

Greg J
11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I think this is okay preflop. I make this call. It's s00ted and almost connected (better than connected and almost s00ted). I think I would probably raise the flop, but am wondering if it might not be a better idea to wait and raise on the turn. I think I would just raise the flop. I'm a little drunk though (only a little).

11-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I think we fold this pre-flop. It very too marginal. It is a good multiway hand tho.

we have to raise this flop and protect our thin equity here. The board pairing or bigger cards will kill this hand. The backdoor flush is good news.

why aren't we raising this turn? we have 2 pair and a legitimate flush draw! I'm confused.

The river is OK. Getting 3-bet would suck if somebody made a straight. This hand plays different if we play more aggressively on the flop, like we're supposed to.

11-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah i woulda folded it preflop, i dont want this hand oop at 6max.

Raise the flop, raise the turn, your hand is extremely vunerable

Augster
11-30-2005, 11:00 PM
grunch.

Too slow IMO. Raise the turn. Bet the river. I know I've seen my two-pair get counterfeited way too much.

I definitely make that call from a SB raise when everyone is in. Nobody is folding. When someone limp-re-raises it sucks, but the immediate pot odds are too much for me to fold soooooted connectors. Especially in 6-max.