PDA

View Full Version : how do I figure out the cumulative odds?

bestcellar
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
I had this guy heads up...had him down to 2000 chips vs. my 6000. He tilt-pushes QT vs. my A6 after I had JUST called his bad bluff with two pair. Flop was TTJ. He doubles through to 4500. I widdle him back down to 3000 in chips, he raises into my AJ preflop, I reraise he auto-calls with KT. Flop KQx and I can't catch any help. He's up to 6000. Three hands later I push my KQ and he auto calls with KT. He makes broadway on the river.

How do I calculate how insanely bad my luck was to lose ALL THREE OF THESE HANDS TO THE SAME [censored] DONKEY!!!!

jojobinks
11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
about 4%. you figure out his odds on each of the three, then multiply.

so you cashed out a few days ago, huh? <sigh>

11-30-2005, 07:31 PM
I just ran PokerStove (with DoomSwitch Special Edition) and you were a 0% favorite in these hands. You dog is also going to die tomorrow.

jman220
12-01-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had this guy heads up...had him down to 2000 chips vs. my 6000. He tilt-pushes QT vs. my A6 after I had JUST called his bad bluff with two pair. Flop was TTJ. He doubles through to 4500. I widdle him back down to 3000 in chips, he raises into my AJ preflop, I reraise he auto-calls with KT. Flop KQx and I can't catch any help. He's up to 6000. Three hands later I push my KQ and he auto calls with KT. He makes broadway on the river.

How do I calculate how insanely bad my luck was to lose ALL THREE OF THESE HANDS TO THE SAME [censored] DONKEY!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are messing with you, to figure out the odds you need to first calculate your outs. On the first hand you were a favorite to win obviously, but I think you know that, you stayed a favorite on the flop, you had 6 outs to his 4. thats 2/3*100+50=83%. So you were about 83% to win that hand. The second hand you're also a favorite, but not by much. You've got 6 outs to his 5, so thats 1/6*100+50= around 66%. The third hand is a race, you've both got 3 outs, so thats not a bad beat, the push is good because you have some fold equity, and him calling you is ev neutral. So the first two hands, tough beat. The third hand, not so much.

Cumulonimbus
12-01-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how do I figure out the cumulative odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Oh, I thought you said Cumulotive...