PDA

View Full Version : (6 max) NL 600. Related but difficult overpair hands for me: KK, JJ

odawg09090
11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Here's another hand where I had JJ against a solid villian. Stack sizes: Hero $595, Villian: $435.
Blinds: SB $3, BB $6

Hero is in BB with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Villian is UTG +1.

<font color="red"> Preflop: </font> Villian raises to $21. All folds, Hero calls $15.
<font color="red"> FLOP: </font> [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] Pot size: $44
Hero checks, villian bets $45, Hero calls $45.
<font color="red"> TURN: </font> [3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] Pot: $134
Hero checks, Villian bets 100, Hero raises Villian all in to $270.

Villian says "77? Nice hand." folds and shows JJ. Now I was thinking, if he had kings or aces, he would've folded too as he put me on the boat. So if he checked the turn, he risks giving a free card but he doesn't get blown off the pot (especially if he had kings or aces).

Heres another hand later in the session against a different villian at the table. I get K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in third position. I've been reraising with KJ+ and TT+ with position.
Stack sizes: Hero: $940, Villian: $1,082

The hand played out like this:

<font color="red"> PREFLOP: </font> UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to 18. Hero reraises to $48. all folds, Villian calls.
<font color="red"> FLOP: </font> [9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif] Pot: $100
Villian checks, Hero bets $84, Villian calls $84

<font color="red"> TURN: </font> [2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] Pot: $270
Villian checks, Hero checks.

<font color="red">RIVER: </font> [3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] Pot: $270
Villian checks, Hero bet $234

I don't know about this one... I'm new to No Limit and I didn't want to be blasted out of the hand with our deep stacks so I gave a free card on the turn. On the river, I figured he had a smaller overpair so I pot bet it to make it look like I was stealing with two overcards. Now I'm thinking a 3/4 pot on the turn and a 1/2 pot on the river would've made much more (if he called, which he did with JJ). However, if he checkrasied the turn with his jacks as I did in hand 1, I'd be forced to fold the winner?

How did I do in these two hands? I found them very interesting because they're very related. All comments are appreciated (even the LC ones). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wdeadwyler
11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
Hand 1: Risky, I dunno if villain folds AA, KK here. Yea he put you on a boat when you had JJ, but who knows what he concludes when his hand is harder to let go.

Hand 2: BET THE TURN. 2/3 pot.

odawg09090
12-01-2005, 03:00 AM
need more help with a bump

Bukem_
12-01-2005, 03:15 AM
None of these hands are too difficult, since you never got put to the test.

Hand1: Usually I double this guy up, and he has KK. But the situation where guy with a $400 stack is solid is so rare that I essentially ignore it.

Hand2: Your line is fine, and is a good way to beat 400 nl, and all games where your opponents aren't looking to put you to the test, but just to show down a decent hand.

I do variations of bet 2 streets, check another with this type of hand, most commonly I do check, bet, bet(or call, call), bet, bet, check.

I don't use your line too much on a drawy board, unless vs the guy who would cr with a hand I can beat, and I want to avoid a hard decision.

River is very obvious value bet, full pot works pretty well in that spot.