PDA

View Full Version : 25/50 AK hand

Chris Daddy Cool
11-30-2005, 05:53 PM
my limit holdem game is a little rusty, so help me out

8 player 25/50 game on eurobet/pokerroom network

i don't know any of these players but nobody seems out of line (or particularily outstanding either for that matter)

UTG+1 openraises. I 3-bet in the CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif blinds fold. HU

flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He checks. I check.

turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks. I check.

river: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks. I bet. He checkraises. I... ?

mscags
11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Def bet the flop. This will make it a lot easier to play. The way this hand was played though i would probably call this down expecting to see a worse ace some of the time but losing a fair amount. Either way you can make a good note on how he played his hand.

W. Deranged
11-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm very interested to know why you didn't bet the flop. My standard line here is to bet the flop and then check behind the turn. We have a fair amount of equity on the flop, betting may let us see two streets for .5 BB, and we may get a hand like 88 to make an incorrect fold.

sfer
11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
You call the river.

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 06:05 PM
i like the way u played this hand, i would fold to the river checkraise.

qbler
11-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Does villain's line seem extremely odd to anyone else? Because he played the hand so passively on the flop and turn I have a ton of trouble putting him on a big pair, AQ or a set...maybe A10 or KJ, but would he raise those UTG+1? More significantly, why would a hand that beats TPTK go a checkraise on this river after hero checked behind the flop and turn. Can villain be that confident that hero will bet out here? I call this just because I don't think villain plays a better hand this way.

private joker
11-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Getting 6:1 this is an easy river call. I'd probably bet the flop -- I actually posted a hand like this where I opened on the button with AK and got 3-bet by the BB, capped it, and we went heads up to a QTx flop, and I checked behind. Evan yelled at me for 2 days for not betting the flop.

But secretly I like your flop and turn play. River is a call. Do you think your hand is toast more than 84% of the time?

Entity
11-30-2005, 08:43 PM
How does everyone feel about checking behind on the river?

Rob

private joker
11-30-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

In hindsight that sounds awesome!

But not having the results in front of me, I'd be inclined to bet. Why not? I don't think you can specifically put him on KJ when he checks every street. And if he has a mid-PP, or any pair for that matter, he'll pay off. I think he'd lead the river with Ax, but there are a ton of hands he'll call a bet with on this river.

I just fear we're against KJ who knew we'd value bet an A. Still, getting 6:1 I don't see any other way to play this river except bet/call.

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
it sucks.

W. Deranged
11-30-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan.

private joker
11-30-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does your plan of folding TPTK heads up for one bet on the river closing the action when both the flop and turn were checked through.

No offense, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Entity
11-30-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I'm in the habit of giving my opponents too much credit recently, as a byproduct of running like [censored] this this month. I was trying to think of what range pays me off, rather than thinking of what range pays Chris off (AJ, KQ?) because Chris's hand looks fairly transparent.

I'm just gonna excerpt from my chat to try to be more eloquent with what I'm saying here:

[ QUOTE ]
[17:10] me: the main problem I had with chris's hand
[17:10] me: is I feel like he gets paid off by AJ and A9s
[17:11] me: and that other hands that might normally be payoff hands would have bet the turn
[17:11] me: like KT or KQ etc
[17:11] me: so I feel like his ability to be paid off by those hands is diminished by the turn action
[17:11] me: of course that narrows villain's range down quit ea bit
[17:12] me: to KJs, and maybe 99, AJ, A9s, and possibly another AK
[17:12] me: KJs/KJo
[17:15] me: so I was trying to figure out which of those hands pays off via check-call, which would checkraise and what our effective chances of being good are when we bet the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

Pharity
12-01-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and we may get a hand like 88 to make an incorrect fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, takes a tight player to fold a set for one bet in this spot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

12-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Bet the flop, call the river.

newhizzle
12-01-2005, 02:17 PM
why not bet the flop?

id call

Chris Daddy Cool
12-07-2005, 06:10 PM
forgot all about thi hand...

i called the checkraise and he showed KJ.

fwiw, i think this is a v good line with KJ since he knows I will bet at this card. and if i don't bet at it that means he wouldn't have gotten any money out of this hand anyways becuase if i'm not betting that ace i'm sure as hell not calling it.

heres one:
say villian led this river, is my play call or raise?

flawless_victory
12-07-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does your plan of folding TPTK heads up for one bet on the river closing the action when both the flop and turn were checked through.

No offense, of course. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
HAHAHA!!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif