PDA

View Full Version : AutoHotKey

SeanSkill
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
I purchased a Logitech wireless Rumblepad gamepad controller because I have to work on a computer all day and when you add 3-4 hours playing poker at night I am getting pretty sore.

I did a search here and found some of the information that I was looking for but am still in need of some help. One of the articles here suggested downloading AutoHotKey and Allsnap? I got both of these programs loaded last night and they seem to be working. I got as far as recording a script to launch poker client login and close the splash screen. This file was saved as a .ahk file and there seems to be a way to compile this into an .exe file. but after this point I am lost.

I am assuming from this point I can set up a hot key that will run this script and from that point I will be able to assign this to one of the gamepads functions. I am on the right track here? when I run AutoHotKey it does not appear to be doing anything? does it just run in the background? There were several programs that came with AHK do I need to use one of these to assign the script to a hot key. The console for the gamepad allows you to select one of the buttons and then hit record should I do this after I have created the hotkey.

I know lots of questions, but any help would be appreciated.

Link774
11-30-2005, 06:42 PM
What you wrote was a script that just runs once. if you want it to be mapped to a hotkey you'll need to edit the .ahk file. Something like:

a::
[the stuff you recorded goes here and would be mapped to 'a']
return

Check out the help documents that came with AutoHotKey, it's quite complete. When it is running in the background you will see a green icon with a H. You can map multiple hotkeys within the same script. I'm not sure how to tell it to respond to your gamepad, but if you try recording a script where you press the buttons on the gamepad and then look at the script, you should be able to figure it out. Don't worry about converting it to an exe, that's for sending your scripts to people without the software.

-Link

MrMoo
11-30-2005, 10:14 PM
You need to write an autohotkey script which will intercept the joystick buttons and translate those into clicking buttons on the poker window. Several of these have been written. Including one by myself. I'd recommend searching the software forum over the past month for "joystick", "AHK", or "AutoHotKey". Those should bring up the main threads.

I'd recommend using either my script or the other script that was posted in the original script thread I posted. Both are extensible and more flexible than most of the other scripts that have been posted here in my opinion. If the script doesn't meet all of your needs, you'll need to read through the different scripts which have been posted. Understand the scripting language. And modify it to suit your needs.

Allsnap is typically used because it allows you to easily place a window at an exact pixel coordinate.