PDA

View Full Version : Overs- Worth building a side pot?

MuckerFish
11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
Villian in the hand fairly straight forward, nothing out of line while playing so far.

100NL, 9 handed:
SB (Villian): 85.50
BB: 19
UTG: 311.20
UTG+1 (Hero): 138.50
UTG+2: 34.75
UTG+3: 148.87
MP1: 42
MP2: 10
Button: 69.37

Preflop: Hero UTG+1 with T /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts .50
UTG folds, Hero calls 1.00, UTG+2 calls, 3 folds, button calls, SB raises to 5.00, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 and button both fold. Pot= 18

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian bets 10, BB raises to 14 (all in), hero raises to 34, Villian calls. Main Pot = 58, Side pot = 35

Turn Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian checks, Hero checks

River: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villian bet 16, Hero ???

Preflop with TT in early position, I mix it up. Mostly raise, sometimes call and play for set value like this time. I rerasied the BB on the flop, hoping the villian's flop bet was a continuation bet. I was trying to get heads up against the short stacked BB. When that backfired I was unsure where I stood. I checked behind the turn trying to exercise pot control on the side pot. Anyone think a follow up on the turn warranted? I was afraid that putting much more in would have pot committed the Villian, and I would have been a little uncomfortable calling an open push on the river. I could probably make an arguement for any action on the river, how would you play it and why? Results to follow- Thanks

trumpman84
11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I really don't see how you can call that river bet..it looks like a blocking bet, but everything he is blocking with is beating you. So I would say if you want to fight for the pot, you should raise his blocking bet and represent the seven...you've played like you had it up til now. If you can bluff villain out of the pot, you win the side pot, and you might also have the short stack beat and drag the whole pot. It's risky though..will villain fold an overpair or will he make the crying call? Maybe villain even has QQ.

To give a Harrington'esque verdict, I think I'd fold here 60% of the time, call 15% of the time because of the size of the bet in relation to the whole pot ..I guess villain could have missed a flush draw or have somthing like 99/88 and semi-bluff raise 25% of the time.