PDA

View Full Version : $1000 Party PL hand

11-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I limp (with intention of re-raising one player and playing the hand otherwise multi-way) with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP raises pot (loose/agg, will pot almost any flop he raised PF)

Button cold calls ( this means A2 and something to go with it IMO, maybe a PP, but guy isn't very agg but isn't a donk by any means, either)

BB calls (nothing remarkable about this player or my read on him)

Flop

3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP pots,

Button Re-pots

I move all in and only MP has me covered.

Anybody here NOT make this play?

Assume that one has top set and at least one of them has some kind of low draw A2 A3 A4 A5, etc.,.

???
My friend reccomended a smooth call as I had enough equity to not run out anybody in this pot, and I argued that maybe i get Ax to fold here giving me (maybe) the only low draw, and he disagreed. His other point was that I could save myself some $ if the turn was a brick or if it paired the board. I disagree here, too, because there are too many cards that give me the nut one way or the other.

Tex

11-30-2005, 05:20 PM
You said that u had intention of reraising after limping if there was a raise. Did you do this? Can we get some pot-sizes, bet-sizes and so forth please? Would make this better? I dont see how u can put MP on set here b/c u said he bets almost any flop that he raised PF. I then put Button on a wide-range of hands if he knows this as well. I re-pot/all in whateva is necessary here because I think YOU might be in quartering position here. I put button on maybe a pair with low-draw or even two-pair or set. I dont see MP being able to call here with anything less than a set. SO ur left with button where i think u have a huge chance to scoop or at least win 1/2.

11-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Curious why you want to play this pot multiway. I'd strongly prefer to put the reraise in PF regardless of # of callers.

On the flop, your play is fine. Tie them to the pot while you're sure to be ahead equity-wise; seeing an ugly turn will just make you pissed off if the river also bricks.

11-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Why do you want weaker low draws out?

Nut flush draw, Nut low draw with protection, a pair of Aces ... I cant imagine laying it down.

I'm putting all my money in on the flop, and not playing any guessing games on the turn.

11-30-2005, 06:14 PM
AA24 sooted plays well multi-way and HU. I'd prefer to play it in a multi-way heavy action pot, which is what ended up happening here. I'll try and get all-in PF with this hand if my opponent agrees with me and cooperates.

I dont mind playing this hand multiway for a number of reasons, actually.

The ones listed above, and not to mention the fact that it has so much scoop-ability.

Tex

11-30-2005, 06:45 PM
OOP I'd prefer to not monkey around with this hand. Assume everyone's got $2k. You limp, MP makes it $90 to go, there are two callers, this means there's your $20, the SB's $10, and MP, button's, and BB's $90 in there. You can either call the $90 (making the total pot to the flop $380), or you can raise an additional $380, which will commit anyone to the pot if you get callers. Your hand is a hand that can stand action with virtually any flop; many of your opponent's will require particular flops, and when they come will have deep stacks to charge you with when they have a massive advantage on you.

This flop worked out nicely for you, but you are in a very tough spot if the flop comes JJ3. MP, button, or BB could all possibly be playing hands like TJQK or JQKA--hands that couldn't stand a reraise preflop, but that will be in excellent shape against you now. Getting these hands out (or charging them the max) is the reason you want to reraise preflop. You might argue that A2J will be there no matter what you do preflop, but then think of all the flops that will give you severe edge on A2J, and with the PF reraise he'll be pot-committed as a big dog.

Anyhow, if you are able to get over a third of your stack in preflop with this hand, I think the the PF reraise is the best line by far. In fact, if anything I'd prefer to make the reraise when there are multiple players in, and prefer to cold call a raise if it's going heads up to a flop (since stacks will still be deep relative to the pot goign to the flop, you're OOP, and cold-calling will strongly disguise your monster).

11-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Not when the pot became multi-way.

When I realized the pot was going to be a mulit way pot, I decided to play along, and hope to trap someone of I hit and the MP potted it, as he had in the past.

12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, I know u might be OOP, but the pot-size will be so large that you should be able to isolate or atleast down to 2. I think that not raising this PF is too weak for this strong of a hand. This is almost the nut-starting hand so I dont see u not re-raising here. I think that this makes the flop so much easier and the rest of the hand falls into place. There arent many flops that u wouldnt be able to push all in with when ur isolating and either be @ an advantage or be able to take it down there. People behind MP still cant call that big of a bet even if MP calls because if ur holding AA2, then the chances of them having A2xx or something like that is quite low and even with just A2xx, they cant call that huge of a bet PF.

12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
It does depend how much the Button moved over the top. But I would imagine MP would put you All-in regardless. Not much to figure out here, unless the diff. between the bet out and the raise is huge.