PDA

View Full Version : 86s low pair, flush draw, .25/.50 NL

srm80
11-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Full Tilt, 9 handed, .25/.50NL
I have 55 and have been at the table for 20 minutes, villian has around 140 and I have no real reads on him yet other than that he has almost 3 buy ins. button has 40, no real reads.
hero is in LP with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

fold around to hero who raises to $1.50, button calls $1.50, fold to villian in BB who raises to $4.00, hero and button both call.

(pot $12)

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB leads for $4, hero raises to 15, button folds, BB move all in, hero?

i had about 40 left, there was 60 in the pot..call or fold? The BBs lead bet on the flop looked weak, which is the reason I raised, when he moved all in I had another decision to make.

11-30-2005, 04:58 PM
insta-call .. Even if he has top 2 or set u still are getting better than 2:1 on ur money to make this call. Too much dead money in this pot to get away. Easy call.

beavens
11-30-2005, 05:02 PM
any reason for calling the reraise pf with this hand not in position?

if this is an easy call pf, can someone explain why?

djoyce003
11-30-2005, 05:05 PM
it's only $2.50 more for hero to call with his suited semi connectors and he has position on the raiser....reason enuff?

11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
This isn't a good call preflop against top2/set your not looking good at all. Hes getting 1.8:1. Let this one go and remeber not to fps against a solid player next time. He has 3 buyins for a reason.

srm80
12-01-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i had about 40 left, there was 60 in the pot..call or fold? The BBs lead bet on the flop looked weak, which is the reason I raised, when he moved all in I had another decision to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't realize this mistake until i was already on my way to work, but the pot size when it was to me was a little over 70, not 60, and i had 40 left.

srm80
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any reason for calling the reraise pf with this hand not in position?

if this is an easy call pf, can someone explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did have position on the raiser, who covered me, so I did want to see a flop, and try to get into a big pot with him, yes. if this is wrong, I won't stop doing it, because it's made me money over a few months. another reason for calling the 2.50 is that i don't want to get into the habit of folding to a bigger stacks re-raises, since he will take initiative in later hands to try to bully me. when i sit down against bigger stacks, depending on the player, i want to try to get into a good situation to get all my chips in against him and try to take control of the table. when i play hands like that against re-raises, I like to have position against a re-raiser with a big pair, because if I flop something, the normal 50NL player will pay you off. If thi is a bad strategy to have, I would like to hear reasons why.

srm80
12-01-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This isn't a good call preflop against top2/set your not looking good at all. Hes getting 1.8:1. Let this one go and remeber not to fps against a solid player next time. He has 3 buyins for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think this is fully accurate. there are plenty of reason a guy could be sitting on 3 buy-ins at any given time.