PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Gervais podcasts coming

johnnycakes
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Thought some folks might be interested in this.

You'll be able to get them here (http://www.guardian.co.uk/rickygervais) staring Dec 5.

Ricky Gervais on Guardian Unlimited
Starting Monday December 5 2005: Ricky Gervais on Guardian Unlimited, an exclusive series of podcasts that will tackle, finally, the big questions.

Such as: "Jellyfish - do we need them"? And: "Why do you never see an old bloke eating a Twix"?

The brand-new series of 30-minute audio programmes will see Gervais joined by writing partner Stephen Merchant and the man Gervais calls "the funniest man alive", Karl Pilkington. "The trouble is," adds Gervais, "he doesn't know he's being funny".

"I want to do a radio show where I can say I want, when I want, for as long as I want and that's free for anybody who can be bothered to listen, anywhere in the world," Gervais says. "We didn't want it to just be the best bits of a radio programme you'd missed so this is a show that is straight-to-podcast.

"I suppose we're trying to create an exclusive club. We'd prefer this to be a few people's favourite show than a huge samey ineffectual broadcast."

Come back to this page on Monday December 5 to find out how to download the podcast to your PC or MP3 player, and make sure you get all 12 episodes, which will be made available only from Guardian Unlimited every Monday.