PDA

View Full Version : airsoft

MINETZ
11-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Has anyone done this? Im thinking about joinging the club at my school it seems awesome. Heres a link for people who have no idea what im talking about airsoft (http://airsoftgi.com/)
The club im considering joining has very organized battles against other schools.

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Whatever you do, don't let anyone in your house buy guns or shoot at them. It will make your life hell.

It will turn your house into a 24/7 airsoft battleground and you gotta be alert at all times.

NLSoldier
11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, don't let anyone in your house buy guns or shoot at them. It will make your life hell.

It will turn your house into a 24/7 airsoft battleground and you gotta be alert at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then some douche will end up shooting a hole in one of your 2001fps and end up getting kicked out of the dorms over it.

MINETZ
11-30-2005, 01:47 PM
LOLOL, did this happen to you?

shant
11-30-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened at the last place I worked. Those [censored] BBs hurt if they catch you at a tight spot on your clothing.

MINETZ
11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
can you guys recommend good equipment for someone just starting?

11-30-2005, 01:50 PM
My 11 year old brother has a huge aresenal of guns. Hes like the arms dealer for his 6th grade class. It makes things interesting when I got back to visit on christmas and thanksgiving.

NLSoldier
11-30-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOLOL, did this happen to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.

shant
11-30-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The guys at my job who had them didn't have anything sophisticated. They searched on ebay for airsoft and bought a couple battery operated AK47's for $10. They were plastic but they shot automatic style and they shot just fast enough to sting.

Luzion
11-30-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wanna just plink around the house or shoot targets outside, you can get a decent springer airsoft gun for $20-$30. A spring airsoft gun means you have to "cock" the gun everytime you want to fire it. I got a KWC Glock 17 just for messing around. Anyway, a springer is the weakest king you can get, but a decent one can shoot through cardboard boxes... like the kind your tv came in. I recommend the KWC Glock 17 if you wanna just mess around.

If you want to spend more but without going totally crazy spending hundreds on an AEG, you can opt for a gas powered handgun. They run anywhere from $50-$200 for a handgun and they shoot a lot harder then a springer; hard enough to go through a soda can. Theres a bunch of options for these, so I recommend you just scour various airsoft forums to figure out which gas gun is right for you.

My favorite gas gun though is the fully automatic KSC Glock 18c. Wish I had money to blow on something like that. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Check out the video of someone firing it. Its pretty damn cool.
http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/video/glock18cc.mpg

http://www.unconventional-airsoft.com/information/glock-18c-review.php

eviljeff
11-30-2005, 03:32 PM
my buddy got a bunch of guys together his freshman year at UPenn and broke into some building and had a crazy battle. they turned off all the lights and had camo and skimasks and protective gear. they caught hell for it, but apparently it was pretty sweet.

RunDownHouse
11-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but I've been going to these links and trying to figure this [censored] out. What exactly is the appeal of this? Why would anyone play "airsoft" instead of paintball? As far as I can tell, the only pros of airsoft are the replica models and no worrying about stains from paint. The cons are more dangerous (?) and more chance of getting in legal trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

It boils down to the fact that most males think anything that shoots is cool. Anything you can shoot at someone else indoors, and not get hurt too bad is even cooler.

Oblivious
11-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Maybe it was my upbringing (hunting since I can remember, with guns always in the house), but I'm pretty offended by a product designed to allow you to "play" by shooting someone with a supposedly non-lethal pellet. Ive seen the size of the airsoft pellets and they could easily cause injury to someone who's not wearing protective eyewear. Pointing a gun at someone and firing is serious, and should be treated as such, regarless of weather or not theyre "likely" to be harmed.

BTW, I dont have a problem with the use of paintball guns, but am offended by the immature behavior of some paintball gun owners. A friend of mine lost his eyesight due to some one who didnt understand the first thing about firearm safty. It seems airsoft guns are designed strictly for this type of immature behavior. Paintball guns can be used responsibly and productively.

MINETZ
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was my upbringing (hunting since I can remember, with guns always in the house), but I'm pretty offended by a product designed to allow you to "play" by shooting someone with a supposedly non-lethal pellet. Ive seen the size of the airsoft pellets and they could easily cause injury to someone who's not wearing protective eyewear. Pointing a gun at someone and firing is serious, and should be treated as such, regarless of weather or not theyre "likely" to be harmed.

BTW, I dont have a problem with the use of paintball guns, but am offended by the immature behavior of some paintball gun owners. A friend of mine lost his eyesight due to some one who didnt understand the first thing about firearm safty. It seems airsoft guns are designed strictly for this type of immature behavior. Paintball guns can be used responsibly and productively.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.. a lot of people do this for combat situations.. its very organized, a lot of the people in the club have actually been in real battle.

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 05:06 PM
I got shot on the bridge of my nose between the nostrils when my roomate way lying on the ground behind a wall during a battle. My eyes started tearing up it hurt so bad. I'd go to school with like 10+ visible welts every day.

Really though, don't ever get involved with your roomates. I'd come home from school and my roomate would pop out of the closet or some [censored] and start peppering me, or I'd go upstairs to go asleep and my roomate would be pretending to sleep and pop out from under his covers and shoot me.

One of the best times though was when I got out of the shower and I'm walking down the hallway to my room and one of my roomates comes out ready to shoot me and I somehow convince him to put the gun away saying that I was unarmed and tired of this [censored] and was way too vulnerable just in my towel, he turns around to walk away and I pull a gun out that was tucked into the back of my towel and light him up.

Also, you will never ever be able to clean up your house enough and will find BBs everywhere.

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And then some douche will end up shooting a hole in one of your 2001fps and end up getting kicked out of the dorms over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he bought you a new 2001fp, you kept the old one and gave it to your brother and it worked reasonably fine but with just a dent on it.

I can't believe he got kicked out over that.

The Dude
11-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Airsoft guns are sweet. I keep an assault rifle fully loaded in my trunk at all times, and a pistol loaded in my glove box.

My favorite thing to do is to go to the restaurant I used to work at, drive up to the drive-through, then when the guy opens the window to help me, shoot him in the neck. Good times.

11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I had a small arsenal back in high school...was into paintball and that kinda crap. Lots of fun for getting together with a bunch of guys and drunk shooting each other. Spring pistols are cool for this kind of stuff, but I also picked up a gas powered HK pistol cause...well..it looked cool. Spring rifles are crap, don't get one. Make sure if you get a spring pistol, shell out enough so you';re not saddled with some crappy POS that will break after a month or so. BTW, those battery powered AKs and MP5s are crap as well.

Oblivious
11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.. a lot of people do this for combat situations.. its very organized, a lot of the people in the club have actually been in real battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre doing combat training, youd simply use paintballs. If youre behaving like an irresponsible drunk [censored], you'll use an airsoft gun.

MINETZ
11-30-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If youre doing combat training, youd simply use paintballs. If youre behaving like an irresponsible drunk [censored], you'll use an airsoft gun.

[/ QUOTE ]
do you have downs syndrome?

NLSoldier
11-30-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he bought you a new 2001fp, you kept the old one and gave it to your brother and it worked reasonably fine but with just a dent on it.

I can't believe he got kicked out over that.

[/ QUOTE ]

what you say is sorta true but its really not even half the story. just trust me when I say he more than deserved to get kicked out of the dorms, and he did not return to school the next semester.

Voltron87
11-30-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the best times though was when I got out of the shower and I'm walking down the hallway to my room and one of my roomates comes out ready to shoot me and I somehow convince him to put the gun away saying that I was unarmed and tired of this [censored] and was way too vulnerable just in my towel, he turns around to walk away and I pull a gun out that was tucked into the back of my towel and light him up

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome

smartalecc5
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't read the replies yet, but the main thing is that is is CHEAPER. You can get 500-100 pellets for $5-10 as opposed to $50 for paintball. Also, you don't need to pay for C02 or nitrogen. (assuming you have a spring-loaded airsoft gun).