PDA

View Full Version : 11/30/05 Daily Suckout

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM
This happened a while ago in a $1-3 spread limit game when I was on vacation in New York visiting some relatives with my parents. I'm still pissed about this suckout so I just have to share it with you guys. All bets are max raises of $3

I've got A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG calls, folded to me who raises to $4, Villain raises to $7, UTG folds, I cap at $10.

HU to the flop of K /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $3, Villain reraises, Hero 3bet, Villain 4bets, Hero 5bet, Villain 6bets, Hero 7bets, Villain 8bets and I decide to just call so I can trap him on the turn.

Turn is 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets again, Villain raises, Hero 3bets, Villain 4bets, Hero 5bets, Villain 6bets, Hero 7bets, Villain 8bets, Hero 9bets, Villain 10bets, Hero 11bets, Villain 12bets, and I decide to just call again and pop him on the river.

River is a 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, Villain raises, Hero 3bets, Villain 4bets, Hero 5bets, Villain 6bets, Hero 7bets, Villain 8bets, Hero 9bets, Villain 10bets, Hero 11bets, Villain 12 bets, Hero 13bets, Villain 14bets, Hero 15bets, Villain 16bets, Hero 17bets, Villain 18bets, Hero 19bets, Villain 20bets, Hero 21bets, Villain 22bets, Hero 23bets, Villain 24bets, Hero 25bets, Villain 26bets, Hero 27bets, Villain 28bets, Hero 29bets, Villain 30bets, Hero 31bets, Villain 32bets, Hero 33bets, Villain 34bets, Hero 35bets, Villain 36bets, Hero 37bets, Villian 38bets, Hero 39bets, Villain 40bets, Hero 41bets, and finally the Villain just calls.

I slam down my Aces and go to high five the rest of the table for winning the hugest pot of my life when the stupid donk tables K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

WTF? HOW COULD I LOSE A $500+ AS AN 80% FAVORITE?

I left the table immediatly and went home and cried.

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain 12bets, and I decide to just call again and pop him on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice play! I usually slowplay after the 12th bet as well.

Baloosh
11-30-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I've got A/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets again, Villain raises, Hero 3bets, Villain 4bets, Hero 5bets, Villain 6bets, Hero 7bets, Villain 8bets, Hero 9bets, Villain 10bets, Hero 11bets, Villain 12bets, and I decide to just call again and pop him on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your problem -- you played this hand too weak-tight.

If you'd have 13bet him on the turn he would have folded.

If you don't know how to play Pocket Aces, just fold them. They always make an expensive second-best hand.

ALWAYS.

11-30-2005, 01:44 PM
it would have been a real suckout if he had pocket 3's
this is just cracked aces by trips

27offsuit
11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Could you come play at my game?

We play on Fridays at 8:00.

NLSoldier
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM
With how bad you run, im questioning how you had over 60 bets on the table in the first place.

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Can someone tell me what the story is with the fat kid in all these avatars?

SomethingClever
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Nice hand. I typically 45 bet the river and fold to a 46 bet. Glad you didn't have to make that tough laydown.

Boris
11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Good point. Sponger for Mod!

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear, Mat doesn't think a Mod is necessary for this forum. So unless you PM him or something and explain the public outcry and why it is necessary, I doubt he is going to let someone, especially me and not an existing moderator, be the mod of this forum.

SomethingClever
11-30-2005, 03:43 PM
Of course this forum needs a mod. If only to delete the constant stream of pictures and links to goatse and tubgirl that I will post when I run bad.

IndieMatty
11-30-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I hear, Mat doesn't think a Mod is necessary for this forum. So unless you PM him or something and explain the public outcry and why it is necessary, I doubt he is going to let someone, especially me and not an existing moderator, be the mod of this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a friggin gimmick account ( a great one at that) the ultimate overlord of the most popular forum, and he won't make you a mod of this [censored] hellhole!? WTF!?

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 03:51 PM
That mod forum must be a wild place

jman220
11-30-2005, 04:13 PM
It just brings a tear to my eye knowing that I was the villain in this hand, and now have my 15 minutes of fame featured in a Sponger Bad Beat Thread.

I've always felt bad about laying this beat on you sponger. I really played it like a donk. You were freaking 80% to win! Anyway, I hope you can accept my apology.
Original Thread can be found here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3991024&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1)

NLSoldier
11-30-2005, 05:40 PM
haha i forgot how awesome your avatar is!

nolanfan34
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a friggin gimmick account ( a great one at that) the ultimate overlord of the most popular forum, and he won't make you a mod of this [censored] hellhole!? WTF!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Mat is not Commodus.

Boris
11-30-2005, 08:10 PM
No doubt. Hey Nolan Fan, get us some juicy Mod rumors on the DL bro.

nolanfan34
11-30-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No doubt. Hey Nolan Fan, get us some juicy Mod rumors on the DL bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not looking good. A lot of discussion on some bannings, but not a thread about Sponger to be found.

Even more top secret gossip - there is now a Mod for the Mod Forum! An uber Mod!

Sponger15SB
11-30-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even more top secret gossip - there is now a Mod for the Mod Forum! An uber Mod!

[/ QUOTE ]

A mod for the mod forum! omg who is it!?

jason_t
11-30-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Change "made" to "assigned" and then reinterpret.

baronzeus
11-30-2005, 10:08 PM
i give the OP a B- for creativity.

nolanfan34
11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Change "made" to "assigned" and then reinterpret.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I read gootttttt!!! Luckily I don't make my living doing communications or anything like that.