PDA

View Full Version : Limped pot gets slightly out of control

tpir90036
11-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Really good live 5/10 game. 3 limpers and I limp in the CO with black 99 (sometimes I raise, sometimes I don't, this time I didn't). Button and blinds come along. I have $1300 but the main villain (MP) in this hand has me covered. Villain is a loose aggro player who does strange things sometimes and is running extremely hot.

Flop (6 players, $50): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG bets $50, folded to Villain in MP who calls $50, I make it $175, folded back to Villain who calls.

Turn (2 players, $400): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain checks, I bet $300(??)

Anyone check here? Villain's hand range is so wide that I am in not really worried about being behind, but the pot has gotten large enough now that I don't want to give a free card to his likely pair+gutshot-ish hand.

River (2 players, $1000): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain bets $350, I ???

I have been doing my best lately trying to avoid river value bets, and this sure looks like a value bet, but getting such a good price against an aggro player who does dumb stuff sometimes and knows I am super tight I could not come up with this being an easy anything.

Thoughts on any and all streets appreciated.
-tpir

sfcard
11-30-2005, 01:03 PM
I think your pot sizes might be a little out of whack. Either way, raising more on the flop is a must.

tpir90036
11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Yes, the flop amount is a little screwed up (and thus the turn and river are slightly off too). And my opponent obviously called the turn. But it's close enough to get a good idea as to what is going on.

And I agree, I think my flop raise is weak sauce.

radioheadfan
11-30-2005, 01:13 PM
If you put your opponent on a pair plus gutshot on the turn, you have bigger problems than whether to call this value bet on the river.

But I call there. Pretty quickly too. Looks like a blocker for his 7.

RikaKazak
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
I call river, might be a blocking bet with something like A7. I bet turn, (didn't look at bet size vs. pot size) but I hate checking behind.

arod15
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really good live 5/10 game. 3 limpers and I limp in the CO with black 99 (sometimes I raise, sometimes I don't, this time I didn't). Button and blinds come along. I have $1300 but the main villain (MP) in this hand has me covered. Villain is a loose aggro player who does strange things sometimes and is running extremely hot.

Flop (6 players, $50): 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG bets $50, folded to Villain in MP who calls $50, I make it $175, folded back to Villain who calls.

Turn (2 players, $400): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain checks, I bet $300(??)

Anyone check here? Villain's hand range is so wide that I am in not really worried about being behind, but the pot has gotten large enough now that I don't want to give a free card to his likely pair+gutshot-ish hand.

River (2 players, $1000): 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain bets $350, I ???

I have been doing my best lately trying to avoid river value bets, and this sure looks like a value bet, but getting such a good price against an aggro player who does dumb stuff sometimes and knows I am super tight I could not come up with this being an easy anything.

Thoughts on any and all streets appreciated.
-tpir

[/ QUOTE ]

If your going to reraise
175 is not enough
make it 250 at least

Pot the turn

And given your line def call the river...

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
yeah man
POTPOTPTOTPOTTPOTPTOPTTOPTPOTPTOTATRKADGKJG....
i am scared some1 will call potptot...
your bet sizes are fine, id prob have raise less on the flop, but i think you played fine.
river, looks he has 64, but im calling every time... 350 into 1000? look him up. he could easily have a 7.