PDA

View Full Version : Strategie for low Sit'n'go (5+1$, 10+1$)

11-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Hello, have you a good strategie for sit'n'go in the lower-level?
Is the strategie different between Limit and Nolimit Hold'em?

citanul
11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes,

and yes.

11-30-2005, 12:07 PM
and can you help me, or ist "yes" the only answer?

citanul
11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
seeing as how we have a whole forum just to talk about the strategy of such tournaments, i don't see how a rational person can expect a short and concise response to this question.

i'd recommend, as a starter, looking for adanthar's robotic strategy. you might have to figure out how to use a search function, or google, or the recent archives. for more history on the subject you should look in to the now outdated benfranklin or aleomagus beating the party 10+1 posts.

but first, you should ponder the first sentence of this post, and wonder why it might be frustrating to see your original post.

wiggs73
11-30-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but first, you should ponder the first sentence of this post, and wonder why it might be frustrating to see your original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll elaborate.

On the STT forum front page, there are 72 pages of threads. Instead of asking for someone to just write out the comprehensive strategy post for the buy-ins you play, try reading some of these 800+ threads. I'm sure at least 5-600 of them are strategy related. After that, try posting a hand or 2 that you weren't sure how to play. I'm sorry, but you aren't going to get a "here is a guide to handle any situation that comes up" post. And if that isn't what you're looking for, then I can assure you, whatever you are looking for can be found by either 1) reading what's already here or 2) posting hands.

Also, stop spelling 'strategy' wrong.

benfranklin
11-30-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...the now outdated benfranklin...

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be old, but I must object to being called outdated. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eniven
11-30-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd recommend, as a starter, looking for adanthar's robotic strategy. you might have to figure out how to use a search function, or google, or the recent archives. for more history on the subject you should look in to the now outdated benfranklin or aleomagus beating the party 10+1 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you consider the benfranklin or aleomagus strategy's outdated?

eniven
11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Also, can you provide a link to "adanthar's robotic strategy"?

I performed multiple searches, but couldn't come up with anything. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sng-sam
11-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Andathar's Robotic Strategy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=singletable&Number=293454 2&fpart=&PHPSESSID=)

Straight Flushes,

SAM

eniven
11-30-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks very much!

citanul
11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in general, because it's too tight.

in specific, because i define outdated as "there's something better that's been introduced at the same price point." and that has been met.

and because they say so.

c

GtrHtr
11-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Nice trolling job!

[ QUOTE ]
preflop Strategie for shorthhanded games
11/10/05 08:51 AM

I'm looking for a strategie for shorthandedgames (4-6 Players). I'm looking for limit and no-limit holdem games.
Do you know a chart with the starting hand or a good website?

Thank you!

preflop strategie NL
11/10/05 09:24 AM

Hello, I'm looking for a chart for a preflopstrategie for NL Holdem. Do you know a good chart or a good website for a strategie by fulltable or shorthanded?

Thank you

Strategie for low Sit'n'go (5+1$, 10+1$)
11/30/05 11:01 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post your email address so I can forward you some spam. Why didn't we get a thank you?

benfranklin
11-30-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in specific, because i define outdated as "there's something better that's been introduced at the same price point." and that has been met.

and because they say so.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Those earlier attempts at codification of SnG strategy are reminiscent of an old joke:

First guy: How's your wife?
Second guy: Better than nothing.

Those early threads, with a ton of helpful commentary from forum members, led to a playing style that could improve a SnG noob from losing to break-even or better. It was to SnGs what the original Lee Jones book was to low limit holdem. And we all know that Jones was a little weak and a little tight.

While low limit holdem literature has much improved (Jones has evolved into a less weak-tight strategy, the Ed Miller books are out, etc.), there is still no formal SnG literature of much worth. But the SnG strategy available on this forum has similarly evolved into a much more sophisticated level. Discussions of ICM, blind stealing, appropriate push/fold strategy, etc., have led to big improvements in the understanding of SnG strategy.

For better or worse, that strategy is not readily available in an instant gratification format. No one can spoon-feed it to you; you have to work for it. While the strategic sophistication of this forum has grown, so has the noise-signal ratio. So you have to kiss a lot of frogs here abouts, but the rewards are there. As your mother used to tell you, look it up yourself, you'll learn it that way.

AA suited
11-30-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and because they say so.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

but i think adanthar's strategy goes waaaayyy to far in the opposite direction. push with AA at lvl1?!

Hoping to double up and willing to waste AA if noone calls?

citanul
11-30-2005, 04:14 PM
the [censored] thing's not perfect. i didn't say it was.

i'm not going to fix it, and i seriously doubt that anyone will anytime soon.

adanthar was seeking to minimize difficulty of the consumption of the material. that involves making there be fewer post flop decisions. pushing the aa accomplishes that.

additionally, at the 10+1s pushing AA is quite often a great play.

whatever, this thread is pretty silly post my first and second posts.

c

11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
please correct me if im wrong here (always up for constructive crtisism) but a lot of the stuff on here applies to a highedr level of sng buy ins. 33's 55's 109's etc etc.. i play nothing but 5.50 sng's on ub mainly becuase i dont have alot of money to waste and want to build my bankroll steadly before going higher. but it seems like a lot of the stuff on this forum is hard to relate to the lower levels mainly becuase people are so damn unpredictable. these lower levels are almost like a minefield to quote smellkid. that the push stratigy seems slightly ineffective due to you really never know what the hell someones goingto call with and a lot of people really dont care about going out due to the fact that they think ohwell its only $5. so i dunno some threads directly related to the lower limits would be nice. ive tried posting some but they tend to just go to the back of the forum quickly.

AA suited
12-01-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
please correct me if im wrong here (always up for constructive crtisism) but a lot of the stuff on here applies to a highedr level of sng buy ins. 33's 55's 109's etc etc.. i play nothing but 5.50 sng's on ub mainly becuase i dont have alot of money to waste and want to build my bankroll steadly before going higher. but it seems like a lot of the stuff on this forum is hard to relate to the lower levels mainly becuase people are so damn unpredictable. these lower levels are almost like a minefield to quote smellkid. that the push stratigy seems slightly ineffective due to you really never know what the hell someones goingto call with and a lot of people really dont care about going out due to the fact that they think ohwell its only $5. so i dunno some threads directly related to the lower limits would be nice. ive tried posting some but they tend to just go to the back of the forum quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, push with AA at lvl1. you're bound to get 2+ callers at 5+1

12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
i do and i tend to get called at least 75% of the time

aujoz
12-01-2005, 12:40 AM
poker isn't supposed to be predictable. it's a gambling game, using randomly selected cards, with people making (sometimes seemingly) random decisions.

at low level buy-ins, it seems that players are even more random - calling your big pre-flop raise with 8/4 'cause they were born on the 8th of April and stuff like that. in such a situation, you just gotta keep making +ev plays and hope your luck averages out (or better).

12-01-2005, 12:43 AM
but it is predictable long term, which makes winning possible. there IS an optimal strategy at any given scenario, regardless of the seemingly random actions of your opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
hope your luck averages out

[/ QUOTE ]

hope is bad. when villan doesn't something "random" (read: -EV), that is awesome.