PDA

View Full Version : listen to this bad one i put on someone

11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
the tables at AP are uber ****ing tight
i noticed that if you raise in early postion, everyong folds. So i started raising with the most herendous hands i could find to get optimal value from them, i got caught with this one.
UTG i have 84off and raise,
folds to the BB who calls after much debate

board 7Q7
he bets i raise blah blah its capped
turn 8
capped
river 8
capped

show down he has (Q7) for 7s full of Qs
and i show (84)for eights full of 7s

i was tilting very bad before this, but this brought me back to level headedness, and put me 1$ in profit after my BB AQ lost to a small blind 72
board 2A947

soko
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
If opponents are only playing premium hands and you are stealing blinds, wouldn't the logic carry over that if they call you, you are probally beat?

jcmack13
11-30-2005, 12:31 PM
OP's flop cap is genius.

Baloosh
11-30-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If opponents are only playing premium hands and you are stealing blinds, wouldn't the logic carry over that if they call you, you are probally beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand your Moon language. What is this "logic" of which you speak?

NLfool
11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
damn you capped the flop? Your aggression and or stupid will actually serve you well at the $100/$200 limit games

11-30-2005, 01:20 PM
I capped the flop trying to represnt strength.
because i was pretty well sure that he had nothing, i dint know i was horribly ****ing wrong.
He bet the turn and i had made one card, it was either full steam ahead, or fold, becasue i was sure by then he had a hand, and i wanted him off of it
the river card just made my hand, at this point i would have folded had my card probably not hit, caus i was atleast sure he had the queen, but it made me look like a uber donkey, which lined people up to play with with and padded the bank roll nice when i caught some hands becasue people were not folding to my raises after that
according to pocket fives card caculator i will lose this hand

99.68% of the time

that my friend is a truely bad beat

11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
This beating is nothing IMO, just a great suck out. Try raising out of position with 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif and hit quad 2s on the turn and get a guy to go all in against you. Now thats a beating. I was doing the same as you were, tight table, steal the blinds, had 5 callers. Flopped a set, turn gave me the quads and BB goes all in with his boat 222JJ. I laughed when I probably should have felt bad for that.

11-30-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB goes all in with his boat 222JJ. I laughed when I probably should have felt bad for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never feel bad for a bad beat...NEVER, we basically had a contest between 3 people who could suck out the most last night on AP

i seen a guy try to steal blinds, run into aces, capp it the whole way down, turn over 82off for a 5 to 9 str8
somebody asked how it sleeps at night
he said "by drinking alot"

that is nice on the quads though

11-30-2005, 04:07 PM
That is a bad beat...probably the worst one I've put on someone was the other day I was NL 50 and had AK against a short stack, flop came 8, K, 2, he checked and I bet and he put me all in for just a bit more so I called. He had flopped trips but I hit a king on the turn, ace on the river for the better boat. Not as unlikely as runner runner same card, but brutal nonetheless.

Cancuk
11-30-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG i have 84off and raise,

board 7Q7
he bets i raise blah blah its capped

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid.

11-30-2005, 04:43 PM
you know, you're right, i did sleep pretty good that night and was bragging about it the next day and even now. I just cant get enough of this particular hand, quad 2s, LMAO. This is by far one of my personal favorite hands, that and pulling quad As on my boss during a tournament.

ahnuld
11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Wow, this hand is up there in terms of bad ways to play poker. Did gus hansen just do this on tv or something?

TheMainEvent
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the tables at AP are uber ****ing tight
i noticed that if you raise in early postion, everyong folds. So i started raising with the most herendous hands i could find to get optimal value from them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good way to solve the problem of having no bad players at the table.