PDA

View Full Version : ICM calculator

11-30-2005, 09:48 AM
I did a search for ICM calculator as I see it referenced a lot but could not find anything to point me to such a program. There was also a reference to hand calculations? Can this all be done with SNGP, or can someone point me to a link please? I would like to play around with the program as well as an example of hand calculations. Thanks in advance.

bluefeet
11-30-2005, 10:08 AM
There are some ICM links in Shadow's link here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=singletable&Number=191873 5&fpart=&PHPSESSID=), describing the calculations.

Eastbay's tool can be found here (http://sitngo-analyzer.com/)

citanul
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
now if only someone could put together a document filled with answers to frequently asked questions.

. . .

and then sticky it to the top of the forum with a big sign saying "read this first."

. . .

if only.

11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
I seen it. I have even read it and it is very insightfull. However it did not answer my question. Now if someone would not provide a cynical comment to every question I have posted to date??

11-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks blue

citanul
11-30-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seen it. I have even read it and it is very insightfull. However it did not answer my question. Now if someone would not provide a cynical comment to every question I have posted to date??

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a reason why i provide cynical comments to every question you have posted to date, ok?

[ QUOTE ]
I did a search for ICM calculator as I see it referenced a lot but could not find anything to point me to such a program. There was also a reference to hand calculations? Can this all be done with SNGP, or can someone point me to a link please? I would like to play around with the program as well as an example of hand calculations. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

is your original post.

in the faq, we find an answer to "point me to such a program"

[ QUOTE ]
How to use ICM

Dethgrind gives a clinic.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a link here (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=1122239&page=&view =&sb=5&o=&fpart=) .

that link goes immediately to a site that shows you how to use icm, gives a link to an icm program, and explains everything very well.

moving on.

the concept of what "hand calculations" means is totally beyond me. it's not beyond me because it's over my head. it's beyond me because your words mean nothing.

so, if you can explain what you mean by "hand calculations" i'd be more than happy to tell you your answer, and likely quote you the passage from the FAQ that explains it. but since you have read the FAQ, i guess i can be quiet.

c

Nicholasp27
11-30-2005, 12:17 PM
in the faq under 'software/websites' there is a link "ICM CALCULATOR" that takes u right to the program, complete with a clinic on using it and source code in several programming languages

your best bet is to make a great investment in eastbay's sngpt tool and go over your hhs with it after every session

Nicholasp27
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
i assume u mean figuring out whether to push or fold based on ICM when u are talking about hand calculations

to do that, u first have to put your opp on a range of hands; u can then use pokerstove.com or somewhere else to see the probabilities of you winning/losing if he calls with a hand in that range....then u just plug in the current stack sizes, the stack sizes if he folds, the stack sizes if he calls and wins, and the stack sizes if he calls and loses

then u multiply probability of event occuring by the equity value that the icm calculator gave u and add all the occurences up and if it's higher than the value that icm gives u for current stacks (ie u fold), then pushing is +$ev

so if it's folded to u in the sb and bb has you covered

you put him on calling with top 20% of hands

icm says your current equity is .18
icm says your equity if he folds is .19
icm says your equity if he calls and loses is .24
icm says your equity if he calls and wins is 0

pokerstove says that you will win 56% of the time against the range of top 20% of hands

.8(.19) + .2(.56)(.24)+0 = .152+.02688=.1788<.18 so it's
-.0012 ev to push here given the calling range is accurate

eastbay's tool does this calculation and more for u

11-30-2005, 12:40 PM
I did same search and found 49 entries. None were your posts.

I read FAQ 3 weeks ago when I joined so did not recall all the info provided. I reread after your post and did not see answers to All of my questions.

Two people have posted links and appears they have answered all my questions. They seemed to understand concept of "Hand Calculations" even though my words have no meaning.

I do appreciate your followup. Again very cynical but helpful none the less.

Regards