PDA

View Full Version : TPHK against a madman

theblitz
11-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Just started playing at B2B network.
VERY unfiendly lot their.
No chatting at all!

Anyway, villain has been playing like a madman.
He mini-raises pre-flop EVERY hand.

Has gone to showdown with nothing more than once. This includes attempts at complete bluffs on the river.

First big hand I got against him:

Game # 178132054 - Texas Hold'em No Limit EUR 0,25/0,50 - Table "Ullared"
Game ended 2005-11-30 12:59:34 GMT+01:00

Players:
rulund (EUR 32,62 in seat 1)
Hero (EUR 50,95 in seat 2)
jazze99 (EUR 45,35 in seat 4)
Pemo (EUR 29,10 in seat 6)

Dealer: Pemo
Small Blind: rulund (0,25)
Big Blind: theblitz (0,50)

Hero was dealt: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif - Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif

jazze99 Fold
Pemo Fold
rulund Raise (0,75)
Hero Call (0,50)

Flop K/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif - 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

rulund Bet (1,20)
Hero Raise (2,40)
rulund Raise (2,40)

Hero?

11-30-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm a little confused as to the HH format and how much money went in on the flop, but I think there are two decent lines here. One is call, which keeps the pot small in case a scare card comes (which is unfortunately difficult to play when villain can have any 2) and also induces bluffs out of him on future streets. The other is to raise 3/4-full pot, which would probably take it down right there unless the guy has a monster or is a retard (which sounds quite possible).

You didn't say anything about postflop reads (i.e. what this kind of betting might indicate - is he usually a calling station, then throws out river bluffs frequently? Or is he aggro the whole way through?) but if his flop action here is typical, you're ahead most of the time.

Skuzzy
11-30-2005, 08:39 AM
I cant follow the hand - u raised it 2.40 to 3.60? and he min-raised it to 6.00?

Your read is that he could have any 2, you have TPGK, This is a tough spot but it might be best to establish what you think your hand is worth here. Is he the kind of player who will get it all in with nothing but TP no kicker or even a pocket pair? They exist, and when you find them (raising any 2 is a BIG sign of a maniac) they are giving you implied odds on any decent hand you get.

If he's as wild as you say I'm looking to play every decent hand i flop for stacks. Here I call his raise, let him bet the turn and raise him BIG, at least a PSR. He might get lucky, he might actually have his hand this time but his money wont last long so I take my chance here.

There are very few times I wil happily go to the felt with TPGK but against a maniac bluffer who raises any 2 preflop, I will do it all day.

theblitz
11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
These HHs are kinda weird.

The raises shown are what the player added in order to raise.

So, pre-flop he added 75 cents in order to raise. Since he was SB this meant he raised to $1.

On the flop he bet $1.20 and I put in $2.40 (call + raise).
Then he put in ANOTHER $2.40.

Anyway, I decided to test him and pushed.
He called with nothing and I won.
Pity he left after that hand.
Was hoping he would re-load.