PDA

View Full Version : New Book?

Zeno
07-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Delusional aspirations are good for the soul, but since I do not believe in the existence of a soul (a pox on Pythagoras and his ilk); I must submit to elementary egoism for the following statements. I plan to write an Autobiography. In fact, it is already in the antediluvian stages as a cloudy memory in my overblown head. To promote the release of this tome that is sure to rival that Potter book, I have a few things to gasp out to the throbbing masses.

First, substance is meaningless in America; therefore, a fake image, puffery, shameless promotional activities, and advanced blubbery will be pumped into the media pipeline before the book is released.

Second, in keeping within the spirit of my first item, the title of my Autobiography is –

The Gospel of Zeno: My Life as a Smart Ass.

Third, the front cover will be a close-up photograph of ME - in austere black and white for that serious and pretentious portrait that is sure to stir controversy and inflame book reviewers, especially the pedantic mob of human vermin that infest that rag called “The New York Review of Books”.

And, in keeping with book release tradition, here are a few comments that will be tacked on the back cover and billed as the usual “Advanced Praise” blurbs.

Zeno is a genius!
-eLORY

I found nothing in the book about WMD or blind structures.
-Clarkmeister

I found nothing in the book about chess or baseball.
-Dynasty

Exquisitely elegant; I was deeply moved and also …ah, excuse me; I have to go to the bathroom.
-Andy Fox

Zeno is cute (for an old man)
-Pokerbabe

High quality gibberish.
-Tommy Angelo

Utter drivel, and it does not depend.
-D. Sklansky

My book was gooder
-M. Malmuth

This book is useful for target practice but bad as fish bait.
-Ray Zee

Where’s the billiard part?
-Jimbo

Will the movie be better?
-J. Cole

Yes it will.
-M. Hiede

Zeno is part of the axis of evil; he’s next on the list.
-MMMM

I would sue if the moron had money (I liked the gun part).
-HDPM

Dog Vomit.
-Zeno of Elea

Bee Pollen.
-Zeno of Citium

Pay no attention to those last two guys; they are dead.
-Zeno of America (soon to be rich, famous and, in keeping with the American tradition of what goes with the these two adjectives, – an idiot).

andyfox
07-07-2003, 12:41 PM
You may use my quote without compensation. However, I will expect an autographed copy in the mail forthwith.

Phat Mack
07-08-2003, 06:01 AM
Scribble, scribble, scribble; eh, Mr. Zeno? - Phat Mack

Zeno
07-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Scribble indeed! But what to scribble is the conundrum. And you must always have a catch/teaser phase or opening gambit to bait the reader into thinking that the book he is holding in his hand is worth his time. For example, David Sklansky could start his autobiography with: I always knew I would be a God. See. That inflames the reader enough to continue reading – for a little longer at least.

First you scribble an outline and for an autobiography this is easy using the simple method of chronology. Then you may do some rearranging and finish with just coloring in the details, fabrications, lies, delusions, and false explanations for aberrant behaviors. Should only take a few years.

I may post the outline here when I get it done. Then again, I may not.

-Zeno

TJSWAN
07-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Zeno,

I think you should get Jayson Blair as a co-author. Then you can hire Gerald Boyd and Howell Raines as editors. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Have fun,

Tim

Zeno
07-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Thanks Andy, all carefully noted. I also take full note that only you and Phat Mack had the Balls to response to my licentious post. Kudos to you both.

-Zeno

PS also Kudos to TJSAWN who just responed.