PDA

View Full Version : AKo- big pot.

deepsquat
11-30-2005, 06:38 AM
1st orbit, no reads. Table is loose. Any other line here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

River: (17.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

siccjay
11-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Party 1/2 6 max, 9 handed??????

I'd bet the flop.

deepsquat
11-30-2005, 06:56 AM
yeah i know, converter blah blah

mackthefork
11-30-2005, 07:13 AM
I would definitely bet the flop here too, the rest I like fine, hope you were against QJ.

Mack

adsman
11-30-2005, 07:22 AM
You've got a gutshot to the nuts on the flop plus overcards and you're getting more than 13 to 1 so I'd lead it. What a great table too.

11-30-2005, 07:55 AM
Six cold-callers. Nice table.

Flop:
Reflexively, I would have led in this situation, but, after thinking about it I think given your (bad) position and this board (4 outs to the nut str8) I think a check is the right play. I need to turn into a "thinking" player instead of "reflex" player.

The Turn:
Check/ raise??
Actually the King here is a mixed bag. Sure you have top pair but now your nut straight draw is cheapened and you are against 6 other players in bad position. Given all of the cold calling by loose players KJ, KT, AQ are all real possiblities. MP3 (since your have no read) could have a lot of hands including AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, JT (even if some like AA and KK are only remotely possible, you are against unknowns). I think you are still behind here. I don't even like your draws. A queen here likely splits the pot, a K loses to AQ, of course, but it turns KJ and KT into monsters, your best chances are with one of three Aces hitting and even that loses to some donk hanging on to something like QT, QJ, Q9. Still the pot is fairly large so I think you have to plan to either check/ call one bet and check /fold to two.

Still you did manage to knock out two players with the check/ raise. I think that is a good thing??

The River.
Bet?
With your unimproved top pair, I am not sure you have a value bet here. Even 89 beats you now. If you won this one I need to borrow some of your luck.

Am I weak-tight or what??

11-30-2005, 07:57 AM
:grunching

Very nice hand, i like all streets /images/graemlins/smile.gif

@bsolute_luck
11-30-2005, 08:41 AM
i like it all. i'm not leading that flop. we already have buku outs and odds to call a bet as well as a lower gutshot. this large a field, why pay more than we have to when our bet isn't for value and we're not taking down the pot right here with our UI OCs.

WalkAmongUs
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like it all. i'm not leading that flop. we already have buku outs and odds to call a bet as well as a lower gutshot. this large a field, why pay more than we have to when our bet isn't for value and we're not taking down the pot right here with our UI OCs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way this had was played as well. Theres a ton of opponents so betting out has 0% chance of winning right there. If we hit our gutshot we'll probably be paid well. Plus the TJ on board makes it really likely someone already has top pair, two pair, or a draw they're gonna stick around on.

11-30-2005, 10:25 AM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif!

sean c
11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
I really like the flop check but i think check/raising the flop is an option. The turn is interesting also checking is pretty risky on a board with this many draws and a late position bettor but it worked out well. All in all i think you played the hand really well and that the flop and turn are really interesting streets with lots of different ways to play them.

cold_cash
11-30-2005, 10:58 AM
I like your flop play. Semi-bluffing this into 5 opponents doesn't really do it for me.

I would probably just lead the turn since that King might have spooked MP3 into checking.

Nice hand though.

beaster
11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
grunch

This one is easy to critique. Standard play through all streets. Well done.

11-30-2005, 11:01 AM
This hand on this missed flop has given me more trouble than almost any other. I have learned to check this as you did, but reads will be difficult with sooooo many cold calling 2 bets. I really like your c/r on the turn to at least try to force out the longshot or mp holdings. Still, lots of cold calls. Betting the river finally got you HU, but against what? I think MP3 could have AJ, AT, maybe JTs? or KJ, but probably not a big pp. I think you win more than you lose, but you have really found a great table for TAG play. Too many early calls, and way too many late folds!

btspider
11-30-2005, 01:20 PM
flop check is good.

MagicRat
11-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I agree with checking the flop but once MP3 bets I really want to raise it to get out small PPs. Is that crazy? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

@bsolute_luck
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with checking the flop but once MP3 bets I really want to raise it to get out small PPs. Is that crazy? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you want to?

11-30-2005, 02:52 PM
:grunch: I like it!

I can't believe you had 5 ppl CC your preflop raise.

istewart
11-30-2005, 02:55 PM
I'd bet the turn. Rest looks good.

Nikademus
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
*grunch*

Normally I would lead out on the flop here, even with 5 to act behind me. If you check, I'd think about check/raising here, since it traps 1 between you and the bettor, and makes the other 2 call two cold.

otherwise, nice play.

Redd
11-30-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna be the guy that starts problems and say I like a flop lead here. This seems to me like the sort of situation where we can't quite bet for value (although it's close with 7ish outs), but we gain the possbility of folding out reverse-dominating hands, or backdoor straights that might muck up our pair outs.

Because of all of our outs, we only lose a fraction of a bet in value if we lead, but we stand to increase our equity in a large pot.
And there's the usual metagame reasons, if you only bet with good hands people will know that in the future blah, blah, blah.

Isn't there a hand in SSHE very similar to this where NPA advocates leading the flop? It was one of the first flop hand quizzes IIRC?

deepsquat
11-30-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna be the guy that starts problems and say I like a flop lead here. This seems to me like the sort of situation where we can't quite bet for value (although it's close with 7ish outs), but we gain the possbility of folding out reverse-dominating hands, or backdoor straights that might muck up our pair outs.

Because of all of our outs, we only lose a fraction of a bet in value if we lead, but we stand to increase our equity in a large pot.
And there's the usual metagame reasons, if you only bet with good hands people will know that in the future blah, blah, blah.

Isn't there a hand in SSHE very similar to this where NPA advocates leading the flop? It was one of the first flop hand quizzes IIRC?

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop bet will fold obviously never KJ, K10, KQ etc but im still open to opinions.

MagicRat
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Even though we'll most likely have to hit to win the hand (feel like we're up against a straight draw and middle or top pair), if the raise gets rid of one or more of the stragglers who have a low PP it increases our overall chances of winning. Bad thinking?

@bsolute_luck
11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though we'll most likely have to hit to win the hand (feel like we're up against a straight draw and middle or top pair), if the raise gets rid of one or more of the stragglers who have a low PP it increases our overall chances of winning. Bad thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

they're already behind probably to a J or T. so they're making the mistake without us need to make things more expensive for ourselves with UI OCs. i'd do that if we had a T or a weak J, but at this point i'll risk letting them stay in and hitting their 2 outer.

cold_cash
11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
I look at it this way on the flop:

There's no way a bet is winning this pot.

I'm going to need to catch to win.

That flop had to hit someone.

If I check, it's likely someone else will bet, so if my bet would have folded a hand like 66, he's likely folding anyway.

It's unlikely anyone w/ Tx, Jx, or 5x is folding for one bet, and they really shouldn't anyway.

I don't want to pay two bets to draw if I can only pay one.

If it gets checked around, that's peachy dandy with me.

Redd
11-30-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop bet will fold obviously never KJ, K10, KQ etc but im still open to opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might fold A5/K5, and would almost certainly fold a naked queen. If a queen gets a free card and we pair either of our cards on the turn, he gets a free redraw against us. (Hitting a free king here is more crucial since a queen would get a free OESD)