PDA

View Full Version : oops, I forgot about my Latin test

housenuts
11-30-2005, 06:36 AM
So I'm taking this mickey mouse Latin 101 course. The tests are generally quite simple and I just remember a laundry list of vocab. and how to conjugate the new verb form about an hour before the test. I went to class today for the first time since the last test (Nov. 9) because we were supposed to be having our next test on Friday so I wanted to find out what we were doing.

The prof. states to the class "Remember our test was changed to tomorrow because of the vigil on Friday" He then goes over what will be on the test and it's nothing like the past ones. No easy vocab, no conjugation of verbs, but a bunch of stuff that I don't even know where to begin.

So I leave class and think to myself that I'll need to study at least 3 hours for it. It's 2:30am and I just remembered about this test.

oh well

private joker
11-30-2005, 06:52 AM
Fvck Latin. Yov're never going to rvn into an Ancient Roman on the street anyway, so spend yovr time playing p***r and fvcking hot chicks.

housenuts
11-30-2005, 06:55 AM
why do you think i never go to class? i just need the credit to graduate in 2 weeks

craig r
11-30-2005, 06:56 AM
You could watch the baptism scene in the Godfather. I am pretty sure they show most of it in sub-titles. And who knows, maybe the bonus question will be "translate do you, Michael Corleone, renounce Satan and all of his works?" Or you can just take the bad grade.

craig

private joker
11-30-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why do you think i never go to class? i just need the credit to graduate in 2 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Then jvst get a C- on it. I'm svre yov can skim over some pages and accomplish that.

(Edited to put Vs in)

Bulldog
11-30-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fvck Latin. Yov're never going to rvn into an Ancient Roman on the street anyway, so spend yovr time playing p***r and fvcking hot chicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took Latin in 7th and 8th grade. It made me a good speller and also helped me understand the meaning of many English words that I see for the first time. I think all JH or HS students should take a year of Latin.

MonkeeMan
11-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Bottom line is "veni".

benfranklin
11-30-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line is "veni".

[/ QUOTE ]

Veni, vidi, velcro.

(I came, I saw, I stuck around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

11-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi housenuts,

Often when I forget about my latin tests, I am left with only one option. That option, in this case, is suicide.

MD2020
11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Agricola, agricolae, masculine, singular, farmer.

That's all I rememer from 2 years of Latin.

Oh, and Gaul is divided into three parts.

housenuts
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM
hahah, that's one of the only vocab words i know as well.

well the test is in 1.5 hours. i'm off now to start learning the material

Bulldog
11-30-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line is "veni".

[/ QUOTE ]

Veni, vidi, velcro.

(I came, I saw, I stuck around. /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Ubi, ubi, es sub ubi?

diebitter
11-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Virescit vulnere virtus

(that's in case you do badly)

Chobohoya
11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Semper ubi sub ubi

Lottery Larry
11-30-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I took Latin in 7th and 8th grade. It made me a good speller and also helped me understand the meaning of many English words that I see for the first time. I think all JH or HS students should take a year of Latin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just took it to try to pick up the hot Advanced Calc chicks :P