PDA

View Full Version : What did I eat?

JaBlue
11-30-2005, 05:14 AM
My chinese friend took me to eat Pho, pronounced "fuh" for the first time today. I had a gargantuan beef soup. It had noodles and beef balls (not testicles) and chives, beef slices, and some other stuff in it. I added a lot of the red hot sauce and it was good.

Something was not good, though. There was a clear-looking wierd textured thing in it. It was translucent and stringy, and it was a little hard and chewy. It kinda looked like squid tentacle but I am pretty sure that's not what it was. Chinese friend says it may have been cow intestine or pig intenstine but he wasn't sure and it might be something else.

What the hell did I eat????

shant
11-30-2005, 05:20 AM
It was either intestine or stomach lining of a cow.

Pho is so damn good I will go have it for lunch tommorrow.

Landon_McFly
11-30-2005, 05:20 AM
definately a kitten. others will disagree, and try to guess what it is that you ate. trust me. a kitten. you ate a [censored] cat

diebitter
11-30-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
definately a kitten. others will disagree, and try to guess what it is that you ate. trust me. a kitten. you ate a [censored] cat

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.happyhunter.com/piratekittyrly.jpg

EliteNinja
11-30-2005, 05:24 AM
It was beef brisket.
I love that stuff.

strunks
11-30-2005, 05:31 AM
It's tripe.

JaBlue
11-30-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's tripe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Chinese friend said it was tripe, then said he didn't know what that was, prob cow intestine. What is tripe?

Macdaddy Warsaw
11-30-2005, 06:12 AM
tripe ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trp)
n.
The rubbery lining of the stomach of cattle or other ruminants, used as food.
Informal. Something of no value; rubbish.

craig r
11-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Its weird, my wife's dad is always telling me that he eats dog/cat when he goes to Korea to try to get under my skin, since he knows I am vegan. But, it doesn't matter to me. He might as well say he ate cow or chicken.

craig

p.s. It should be noted that even though I am vegan I will eat chimpanzee in a sushi roll or as a sub sandwich.

Eurotrash
11-30-2005, 11:12 AM
are you sure your friend wasn't Vietnamese? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DcifrThs
11-30-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CrazyEyez
11-30-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. It should be noted that even though I am vegan I will eat chimpanzee in a sushi roll or as a sub sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]
I laughed out loud at this. I agree that it's worth noting. Care to expand on it?

JaBlue
11-30-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I know Pho is vietnamese, but he is definitely chinese

DrNo888
11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
The stuff on the left side of the bowl is tripe. There's also tendon, which is more clear and gelatinous. Looks like there a piece next to the beef ball on the left.
http://www.pho2000.com/House_Special.jpg

sfer
11-30-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The stuff on the left side of the bowl is tripe. There's also tendon, which is more clear and gelatinous. Looks like there a piece next to the beef ball on the left.
http://www.pho2000.com/House_Special.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks really good.