PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 HU AA with monotone flop and aggression

11-30-2005, 03:54 AM
I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the small blind (OOP postflop) with 3500 behind and raise to 60, he calls and covers slightly.

Flop: (120) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet 100, he raises to 375, I call.

Turn: (870) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he bets 900, I call

River: (2670) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, he bets 1000, I call

Villain is fairly agro postflop but I haven't caught him bluffing recently. Last time he raised a monotone flop he had an 8-high flush and beat my 7-high flush. I feel like the turn is really spewage, I don't think I can necessarily stack him on a diamond river, and I don't think I'm ahead very often. Villain has been tilting a little recently and overplaying 1-pair hands, but I doubt he would do this. Is the turn simply a fold? I think a turn check-push might be OK, too, but I now think calling is pretty horrible. Say your finger slipped and you called the turn. Does anyone fold the river getting 3.5:1?

If this is as bad as I think it is maybe some flames will knock some sense into me.

flawless_victory
11-30-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (870) Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, he bets 900, I call

[/ QUOTE ]
yuck.

Maulik
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
how about leading the turn for 500 and mucking to a raise?

11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Call flop, fold turn. Can't belive that you would ever be in front there, and he doesn't give you odds to draw for the diamond. Unless he is overplaying AQ exstreamly much, you simply can't be infront.