PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker...useful?

Shady Poker
11-30-2005, 03:14 AM
I am looking around for some kind of poker software to help me keep track of my stats and help me improve my game. From what I have been reading pokertracker seems to be the most praised software. Do you guys believe it is worth the price? Do you feel you have improved and greatly benefited from using it?

Also, does it tell you information on your opponents from the hands you have played with them or from every hand they have played? What are the other main features of pokertracker and what other programs do you recommend in addition to pokertracker?

Thanks a lot

Nomad84
11-30-2005, 03:42 AM
Pokertracker+PAHUD. PT is great for finding leaks in your own game as well as for reviewing hands to look for mistakes you may have made. In addition, you can datamine at Party (maybe other sites too?) which basically means open tables to "observe" without playing, and collect data on other players in the process. By doing this, you can get data on players you've never even played against. It also helps build your database to the point that the other players stats are somewhat more accurate. Combine datamining with PAHUD to get realtime stats on your opponents displayed on the table while you play. PAHUD is helpful even without datamining, but it will take 2 or 3 orbits to really get anything useful out of data on new players. Both pieces of software are well worth the cost. In many cases, you can get PT for free by signing up for poker sites through affiliates, like Boogster and Poker Source Online.

11-30-2005, 02:00 PM
I've been using pockertracker for a week or two and really like it. I have a follow-up question. I use the Gametime window feature of PT and it seems to be sufficient for getting live info on player stats. It seems the only reason to get PAHUD is for multi-tabling. Am I correct?

Nomad84
11-30-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been using pockertracker for a week or two and really like it. I have a follow-up question. I use the Gametime window feature of PT and it seems to be sufficient for getting live info on player stats. It seems the only reason to get PAHUD is for multi-tabling. Am I correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much more convenient to have all of the stats available right on the table. In addition, it automatically updates when players sit down/leave the table. I think there are quite a few stats available with PAHUD that aren't available with the Gametime window too. I'm sure others can list more advantages. It is much more of an advantage when multitabling, but it's useful even for one table. You can download it and see for yourself. You can use it on one table for 30 days before having to register it. That should be plenty of time for you to see if you like it or not.

krimson
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PAHUD puts the stats directly on the table, it auto-detects tables for you, it auto-finds the players rather than you having to search for them in your database and setup the table. It's so worth the $25.

Shady Poker
11-30-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokertracker+PAHUD. PT is great for finding leaks in your own game as well as for reviewing hands to look for mistakes you may have made. In addition, you can datamine at Party (maybe other sites too?) which basically means open tables to "observe" without playing, and collect data on other players in the process. By doing this, you can get data on players you've never even played against. It also helps build your database to the point that the other players stats are somewhat more accurate. Combine datamining with PAHUD to get realtime stats on your opponents displayed on the table while you play. PAHUD is helpful even without datamining, but it will take 2 or 3 orbits to really get anything useful out of data on new players. Both pieces of software are well worth the cost. In many cases, you can get PT for free by signing up for poker sites through affiliates, like Boogster and Poker Source Online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone tried using affiliates to get pokertracker for free? If so, was it a hassle or was it worth it?

Thanks

Nomad84
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone tried using affiliates to get pokertracker for free? If so, was it a hassle or was it worth it?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I got mine. Pretty simple process, and free money is always good. PM me if you want more details on how it works.

Rudbaeck
12-01-2005, 06:55 PM
No matter how low you play it will pay for itself faster than you dared dream.

5cardstud
12-02-2005, 03:53 AM
PokerTracker is great and I recommend it. Another site I found that works well is www.trackmypoker.com. (http://www.trackmypoker.com.) It is web based so you can update anywhere and it is very easy to use. Not as complex as PokerTracker but a good source to analyze the different games you play and keep track of important stat...

SamIAm
12-02-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another site I found that works well is www.trackmypoker.com. (http://www.spam.com)

[/ QUOTE ]Wow. Where did you find this site? Did you look in your own 2+2 profile (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=0&User=9276&Number=4081340&Boa rd=software&what=showflat&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1)? That's where I found it.

Don't worry; a little bird told me that Moderators have been notified about this post, and I should use my Back button to return to the forum.
-Sam

ncboiler
12-03-2005, 12:22 AM
If I've said it once I've said it 1000 tiomes. Buy pokertracker and be done with it. You'll make your money back in a night if you are playing below 1/2. Above that it may take 5 minutes to make your money back.

12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I've said it once I've said it 1000 tiomes. Buy pokertracker and be done with it. You'll make your money back in a night if you are playing below 1/2. Above that it may take 5 minutes to make your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

5cardstud
12-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Why is it so offensive to you that I am sharing a free poker resource with the board? I made this site because I am a poker player and wanted to share what I made with the poker community.