PDA

View Full Version : Two Hands With Black Kings

tj00
07-07-2003, 12:59 AM
Party $2/$4

Hand 1 Black Kings in EMP

Folded to me I raise, MP Calls, LMP Calls, CO Calls, SB Calls, BB Folds

Flop [T /forums/images/icons/club.gif , T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif]

SB Bets, I Raise, Everyone Calls

Turn 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif - Crap

SB Checks, I Check(Too Weak?), MP Bets, LMP Calls, CO Raises, SB Folds, I Fold(Anyone Call/Raise?),Rest Call

River K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif - AHHHHHHHH

Check, Check, Bet, Fold, Call

Split Pot MP (Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif) CO (7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif)
I go and throw up.

If I bet the turn I win the pot, but most of the time won't I be behind and drawing to a 2 outer.

Hand 2 Black Kings in EMP Again

Folded to me I Raise, 3 Callers

Flop [K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ,8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ,6 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif ] - Woo Hoo

I Bet, All Call

Turn 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I Bet, 1 Caller

River 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I Check (because I am a wuss), Checked Behind Kx

Who checks the river here and who bets.
Making value bets on the end is something I needed to work on.

Ed Miller
07-07-2003, 02:25 AM
The first hand is a total anomaly. I would have played it the same way.

You should be betting the river in the second hand, and I don't think it's close.

rayrns
07-07-2003, 06:49 AM
Hand #1
You raised pre-flop and got only callers.
SB bets, you raise on the flop and get only callers.
Turn shows a second pair on board. You still have an overpair to the board to no one showing any strength pre-flop or on the flop. I will bet here and then probably call the river if I am raised. Someone might be raising with a middle pair like 8's and thinks J's and 8's will carry. Showing weakness by checking may be the reason the MP bet and C/O raised. I think if you had bet out it would have been called around.

lil'
07-07-2003, 09:14 AM
If I bet the turn I win the pot, but most of the time won't I be behind and drawing to a 2 outer.
I think you did fine here. Did you really think you were ahead when the CO raised? Nah /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hand 2 - Making value bets on the end is something I needed to work on.
That's an understatement. Eeeeeeeeeeasy value bet here.

Your Mom
07-07-2003, 11:28 AM
I'll be brief.....Please bet the river in hand 2. Bet it every damn time.