PDA

View Full Version : $11:TP and OESD vs Chip Leader

11-30-2005, 02:00 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney 10+1, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1830)
Button (t9120)
SB (t2550)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t675) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t450</font>, Button calls t450.

Turn: (t1575) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Button had been the big stack for awhile and very aggressive so his min pf raise could indicate strength. Do you play the flop differently? Action on the turn?

bluefeet
11-30-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney 10+1, Big Blind is t150 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1830)
Button (t9120)
SB (t2550)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t150.

Flop: (t675) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t450</font>, Button calls t450.

Turn: (t1575) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Button had been the big stack for awhile and very aggressive so his min pf raise could indicate strength. Do you play the flop differently? Action on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

ITM play is fun no? For starters, your read is quite contradictory actually. "very aggressive" could likely indicate quite the opposite of "strength". Anyway, at this stage of the game, all bets are off. He's making a small button raise with a boat load of chips with a ton of hands - especially so if he senses neither of you is in a huge hurry to make this 2-handed. So does any of this help define his range? Not really.

ITM, getting near that fold/push line...I too often make these minraise calls - looking for that great flop. This is close enough for me. I have no qualms(sp) open pushing this flop. Second to that would be looking to c-r anything resembling a weak c-b from Button. Given you did lead, and he DIDN'T come over top...you have every right to think your now TP is good here (with the OESD ta'boot). Push this turn.

aujoz
11-30-2005, 05:34 AM
if he had something big, the 3 to the straight on the flop would've probably scared him into raising you, which suggests he doesn't have an overpair, making your top pair probably good.

11-30-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ITM play is fun no? For starters, your read is quite contradictory actually. "very aggressive" could likely indicate quite the opposite of "strength".

[/ QUOTE ]

What I meant was previously he had raised to 3-4BB PF when opening and he had done this often and taken it down PF or with a continuation bet. This is why I thought the PF min-raise might be a sign he wanted some action and didn't want to scare both blinds away.

[ QUOTE ]

ITM, getting near that fold/push line...I too often make these minraise calls - looking for that great flop. This is close enough for me. I have no qualms(sp) open pushing this flop. Second to that would be looking to c-r anything resembling a weak c-b from Button. Given you did lead, and he DIDN'T come over top...you have every right to think your now TP is good here (with the OESD ta'boot). Push this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't open push the flop just because it would've been a bit of an overbet given the pot size and it might look too much like a steal. So I thought bet the flop and if called, push the turn.

ITM is fun indeed. Thanks for the comments.